1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Zelgius has no weapon in Tempest Trials

Discussion in 'General' started by XinYuanZhen, Feb 16, 2018.

1. XinYuanZhen

XinYuanZhen Member

Friend ID:
    Any of you guys experienced this yet?

CC851987-C94E-4AA3-80F9-794D86FB2495.png

2. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

If i had a dollar for every time someone asks me over various Fire emblem communities, I would have over a thousand dollars :rolleyes:. Jokes aside, yes I have, and so have others.

To provide an explanation, the random generator that generates enemy units and skills has a "block list", notably you do not see any GHB (e.g. Narcian) and Tempest (e.g. Joshua) units appear at all in tempest. Black Knight is one of those units tagged not to appear, the problem being that he shares Alondite with Zelgius, so the system generates Zelgius (since he isn't on the block list), but Alondite being tagged not to appear means Zelgius will show up unarmed, equipped with Ruby sword, Wo Dao etc.

Tl:dr, programming oversight means Zelgius will have ANYTHING a sword unit can have in his weapon slot but Alondite, and that includes a blank.

3. Nankaina

Nankaina Member

Yup. I recently got a map with two Zelgius-es. One weaponless, one Ruby sword. He's surprisingly bad without his signature weapon XD

4. KyleTron

KyleTron Active Member

Friend ID:
    I smashed through an Armour Emblem team with a weaponless Zel yesterday, so it’s still happening.
    And yes, he is quite bad without a weapon!!

End of Line