1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Which hero are you going to 5* with your first 20 feathers

Discussion in 'General' started by NOS, Feb 20, 2017.

1. RetroReactive

RetroReactive Member

The wiki shows Olivia gets more hp/def/res as well at 5* compared to 4* so maybe for survivability?

2. friednublet

friednublet Member

Friend ID:
    It's a given that she will receive better stats all around as a 5*. In any case, survivability was what I thought initially as well, but chances are she won't be in much danger at all... In my opinion, with feathers being so scarce, it's a much better investment to use them on someone with more killing potential, and then have Olivia dance for them so that they can kill things deader. You don't need survivability if you can kill your foe first!

3. jeremyj26

jeremyj26 New Member

I took a few from 3 to 4 stars. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yolo

4. Omuno

Omuno Member

Friend ID:
    First 20K feathers is Going to be Sharena, Pretty useful aura - ATK on 5, most other Hero is still fine with 4* but Sharena needs to get 5* for that -ATK aura.

So Sharena First, next one is Probably Felicia or Olivia or Robin M.

5. Riley12301

Riley12301 Member

Friend ID:
    One of her skills gives the attack boost, that synergizes well with my team

6. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

But she only gain some base stats from 5* all the good skills are there as a 4* only reason for make her into 5* is that you have anything else worth to 5* and you want those extra stats to get a few more points in pvp

friednublet likes this.
  7. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

Shes still needing to be in the thick of things sometimes. Just because she's dancing doesn't mean it's impossible for her to get hit. Archers and mages can still hit at range. She needs all the stats she can get.

I don't have to be nearly as careful with her especially when I can use units to buff her up and make her viable in combat. She's right there on the front lines sometimes.

Dancing just makes her more useful.

Riley12301 and friednublet like this.
  8. friednublet

friednublet Member

Friend ID:
    I really don't mean to be rude, but I still vehemently disagree plus I've had a few drinks but you don't seem like the kind of guy who takes offence easily so I'm just going to respond as honestly as I can. Yes, of course she can take damage at range... but you know whether or not your Olivia is within their range just by tapping on your foes, which means you can always move her out of range, then move someone else in who can take the hit and hit back at a distance. Just by looking at your arena team I can tell already you have 3 top tier heroes who can do that. With respect, it is my opinion that if she has to be in the thick of things at all, it really is down to poor placement or plain bad luck. I've been using Olivia too, and I always do everything I can to make sure she doesn't suffer a scratch just so she use her dance.

I will absolutely agree that, Olivia being as frail as she is, needs all the stats she can get. I will also agree that Olivia is a highly valuable hero for anyone without Azura. But the fact is that there are far better candidates to 5* than her since she gains very little for the cost. If I were to 5* her at all, it would be if I excess feathers lying around, which at this point would be nearly unthinkable. Plus it's much easier to get a couple of 4*s and merge them all together for stats anyway.

Also, I feel like you've got something backwards... it's not that dancing makes her 'more useful' as if she's already good for something, it's that the only thing she's useful for is dancing. Frankly, without dance, she is nothing.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Cloudedstrife likes this.
  9. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

No worries man, and yeah you can disagree with my decision lol.

However, I wanted a max stat dancer. It's pretty simple really.

I have had extraordinary luck with 5* characters or otherwise I'd have made a different decision.

Could someone have been a better option? Probably. But in my case I have more than enough options to deal with any situation.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  10. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

I wanna promote my waifus but they all have -atk,+spd types (I have like 5 girls with that exact IV - Cordelia, Sharena, Setsuna, Tharja, Olivia). Girls...do u wanna kill stuff or not? its a toss-up between Cordelia and Sharena for 5* for the blue lance position (I do not have any 5* blues), esp since they both do get significant upgrades in 5*. IMO i think the -atk is less damaging for Sharena but still like to hear what the forum thinks.

11. friednublet

friednublet Member

Friend ID:
    I would go for Sharena I think. She just seems like she would bring a lot more to your any given team, -atk or not.

Thanks mate.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  12. Loner

Loner New Member

I thought all the starters have neutral stats? Cause everyone's Sharenas are the same.

13. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

You are rigth probably typed wrong some name like sheena or shanna.

14. Locky

It is Sharena, the starter I speak of. Her stats are neutral at 2*, but she diverges and develops IV later on after you give her feathers. I run 2 accounts, and Sharena does develop differently beyond 3*. Her promotion stats do turn out different between the 2 accounts.

15. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

Nope once she reaches lvl40 stats will be the same its been proven that IV's do not change when increasing star count.

16. Locky

yea i heard abt how IVs stay constant. So Sharenas from both accounts shld continue to vary but converge to have exact same stats at 5* lvl 40. good to know

17. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

Yep while stats at lvl40 are fixed what they get each lvl is totally random withouth deviation from the lvl40 stats

18. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

I'm set to get two promotions once the price cut on feathers goes through. Robin AND Olivia can get their next star!

19. Locky

they announced a price cut on feathers? o_O