1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

PvE Unit type based teams?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by JakeJ, Feb 4, 2017.

1. JakeJ

JakeJ New Member

Are there any units that have skills that make it worth it to make a team full of only 1 type of unit. For example, a unit that gives all sword heroes +4 attack so then it might make sense to have a team full of sword heroes.

2. Starz

Starz New Member

I've seen a unit that increases flying units adjacent to them. So that would maybe work for a all flying team, but I haven't seen any skill buffs a based on unit types yet.

3. Syntax

Syntax Member

Friend ID:
    Team compositions around weapon types are a bad idea.

However, teams based around unit types may prove interesting. Jagen has a skill that boosts Calvary units, so perhaps a all-horse team might be interesting until you get wrecked by a tree map.

4. Illuminate

Illuminate New Member

But the dmg triangle is based on weapon types so shouldn't you strive to have 1 hero per type? I'd be great to easily just go all colorless but they're all glass cannons like archers/mages/priests.

5. Syntax

Syntax Member

Friend ID:
    There's a little more to it past the damage triangle. For example, Gwendolyn is a spear unit. Est is a Flying spear unit, but she has an attack that deals bonus damage to armoured units. As an armoured unit, Gwendolyn boasts an enormous DEF Stat, and against another spear or axe unit, would take minimal to no damage since they have no disadvantage to those weapon types.

However, since Est boasts an armourslayer skill, she is able to deal a significant amount of damage to Gwendolyn without even having to be advantageous in the weapon triangle.

On top of the simple weapon triangle, there are also armoured units, calvary units, flying units, and beasts, which all have their own quirks for and against each other in composition.

Oh, it seems you misunderstood my post a little. What I had meant was it wasn't a great idea to have a team of lots of swords, or lots of spears, lots of bows etc. What you suggested is certainly the better idea, yeah.

6. Striker

Striker Member

Yeah I agree. Would be a bad idea.

7. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

Balance is probably the best idea.

However, if you see a team full of Red characters, no reason you can't just take all Blue characters to counter that and vice versa.

8. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

i think a team of jagen gunter(one boost adjacent horse units def/res by 6 the other one atack/speed by 6 as well) and other 2 horse units(thinking of leo and cain) would make for a great horse team but kinda gets stuck in maps with lots of bushes lol