1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Should You Pull: Weapons To Refine FT. Gaodzilla!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Gaodzilla, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    @Locky is still overseas.

Time for my second debut.

Begin.

Ephraim[​IMG]

HP 45 ATK 35 SPD 25 DEF 32 RES 20

The Lance Lord has come himself with his upgradable weapon Siegmund, now with reverse Quick Repost. Quite strong if I do say so myself.

Ephraim has high health, attack, and defense, while having some lousy speed and resistance, making him a sort of juggernaut. His weapon allows him to give +3 attack to all adjacent units, but with Weapon Refinery, it turns into +4 to attack, along with special new effect, which I've dubbed as I May Be Slow But That Doesn't Stop Me™. Ephraim comes with Moonbow, a special with a quick uptime, and Seal Defense and Threaten Defense, two useful skills. He's actually very similar to units like Shiro and Lukas, units which has high health, attack, and defense. In fact, my Lukas is -def +spd. Ephraim as -res +def. Unequip weapon and skills on both and their stats are the same (At 5 star).

Is he good out of the box? Yes. He does a lot of damage, and also buffs adjacent allies, regardless of if they're blue, red, colorless, green, or Wrys! lookin' at you @OPhelia . His skills Seal Defense and Threaten Defense don't stack though, so that's a feelsbadman moment.

Is he good with skill inheritance? Distant Counter is good. Steady Breath is good. Fury is good. A lot of things are good on him. Yes, he's good.

Is he good skill fodder? He’s okay. He has Threaten Defense and Seal Defense. You can guess which one is actually good for fodder. You can find both skills on more accessible units, so there's really no need to fodder him off.

WEAPON BUFF: Unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack when HP ≥ 90%.

Why Would You Want Ephraim?:
    Blade Tome users like to take advantage of his Siegmund, and he's not too shabby of a fighter himself.

Why You Wouldn't Want Shiro Ephraim?:
    Reinhardt+Lancebreaker=Death.

Pineapple, King Of The UnderworldTakumi[​IMG]

HP 40 ATK 32 SPD 33 DEF 25 RES 18

Good ol' Takumi is getting a banner, now with Halloween Nowi's Grimoire effect on his weapon. Nice.

Takumi is an archer with the weapon Fujin Yumi, a weapon that allows Takumi TO LITERALLY PHASE THROUGH HIS ENEMIES LIKE HADES HIMSELF. He sports decent stats across the board, besides resistance, and is a powerful unit overall. While his weapon might not be the most offensive, it's always satisfying to activate Hades mode move through the enemy to snipe another one. Close Counter is an amazing skill that allows Takumi to also act like a melee unit during Enemy Phase, so that's cool. Threaten Speed is always appreciated too. I should probably mention he has that one special that nobody uses. He has a special that nobody uses, nuff' said.

Is he good out of the box? Now this is where some opinions will collide, but I personally think that Takumi isn't that good pre-inheritance. He doesn't really have anything to buff his damage besides occasionally doubling someone with Threaten Speed, but it just might be me.

Is he good with skill inheritance? Brave Bow, Swift Sparrow, and Luna makes a powerful combo that can destroy even Hector! Hector should counter Takumi! It's stronk, next slide.

Is he good skill fodder? You dare fodder Hades himself? STRAIGHT TO THE SHADOW REALM! Decent, but not optimal. Threaten Speed is okay, and Close Counter only really sees play on like two units, that being Halloween Henry, and Halloween Jakob, both limited edition units. He also has that one special that nobody uses, Vengeance or something like that, which is really risky and is normally not worth it.

WEAPON BUFF: If unit's HP ≥ 50%, unit is not slowed by terrain. (Does not apply to impassable terrain.) If unit's HP ≥ 50%, unit can move adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces.

Why Would You Want Takumi?:
    Memes, dreams, and Close Counter.

Why You Wouldn't Want Takumi?:
    Brave Lyn is almost strictly better.

Bad Version Lyn[​IMG]

HP 37 ATK 28 SPD 37 DEF 26 RES 29

Good ol' Lyn is here and she's ready to double with Sol Katti's new upgrade, Brash Assault 4, allowing her to do a guaranteed double, no matter what. You've heard of the Brash Assault Seal and Desperation combo? Well now you can do that, all in one weapon!

Lyn is a really fast unit. Outrageously fast, allowing her to double a good majority of the time. She also has passable defensive stats, while having her attack and health on the lower side. But all of that doesn't really matter, thanks to her weapon, Sol Katti, which has Desperation 2 build-in. Along with a strong Special like Luna or Moonbow, she's gonna start hitting like a truck while never getting doubled. It's nice, and with her weapon upgrade, she's guaranteed to double. She also comes with Galeforce and Astra, two rare skills, and comes with some decent, albeit situational skills, Defiant Attack and Spur Speed.

Is she good out of the box? It's pretty decent to have a non-inheritance Lyn. While she might not be able to do a lot of damage, she comes with Galeforce and Astra, which helps her a decent bit with damage.

Is she good with skill inheritance? She's better, but it's quite expensive. Flashing Blade Or Life And Death are very good skills on her, and Wrath is pretty useful too, especially along with Flashing Blade. She could also find Moonbow or Luna to do more damage.

Is she good skill fodder? Yep. I guess you could find use in Astra and Galeforce, and it's not like her skills, Defiant Attack and Spur Speed are completely useless, but there are a lot better skills for her to use, so it's not advised.

WEAPON BUFF: If unit initiates combat with HP ≤ 75%, follow-up attacks occur immediately after unit's attack. Unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack when HP ≤ 75% and attacking a foe that can counter.

Why Would You Want Lyn?:
    She's really good with the right inheritance, and can be incredibly fun to use.

Why You Wouldn't Want Takumi?:
    Brave Lyn is better than her. 100%.

Overall Banner Evaluation

Some of the older units are coming out in their banners, and while some units might surpass them, or have a higher BST, all of them can still be good, even within this sea of OP units. I personally would only summon for Ephraim, but Lyn and Takumi have their uses too. Thanks for reading my guide, and until next time, peace.

Mukimpo likes this.
  2. Rubi

Rubi Moderator Staff Member

Never fodder 5* units for skills that are available on other 4* units. All of their skills except Close Counter and Galeforce are found on 4*s.

3. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    One time I was desperate so I 5 stared a Jagen for Fury. You think I have time to get a Hinata in a river of Stahl’s?

4. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

Honestly i think eldigan is the only one that deserves legendary weapon upgrade, takumi could be interresting with newly-bestowed terrain passing skill

5. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    I feel like most of them deserve it. None of the units before Weapon buffing saw any play, so I guess it can be fun seeing something that isn’t Distant Counter.

6. Rubi

Gods no he doesn't, look at this:

[​IMG]

Eldigan got the special skill upgrade, while Frederick (who doesn't have a legendary weapon) have slaying axe+ upgrade. Eldigan still ties with Frederick in HP and Def, while loses to him on Atk. Eldigan got more Res and Spd but nobody cares because those two are dump stats. Not to mention Eldigan takes 6 dmg after combat due to his weapon's upgrade.

Quite the contrary, I think Eldigan is one unit that you should never upgrade. Unfortunately he still sucks after weapon refinery. I wish IS gave his weapon something more interesting than a silly Fury 3 add in.

Only upgrade him if he's your favorite unit or something.

Mukimpo likes this.
  7. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

Hmm i see so double-fury does not make him that good, any thoughts which. Legendary weapon worth upgrading? I probably ony got one chance at this!

8. Rubi

Jaffar, Ephraim and Minerva/Michalis upgrades are pretty cool. I like Ephraim's the most.

You can also consider upgrading Linde's Aura to Dark Aura or Julia's Naga to Divine Naga if you have them. Those take Divine Dew too.

Mukimpo likes this.