1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Should You Pull: Performing Arts

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Locky, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

We go from having only 3 dancers, to 7 dancers, thanks to this banner introducing the mothers and sons tandem of Olivia and Inigo, as well as Azura and Shigure.

Please feel free to comment and give feedback, and please inform me if I made any mistakes.

Axezura

HP 35 ATK 32 SPD 34 DEF 20 RES 28

Literally +1atk and +1spd vs her old self at the expense of lower bulk. But legendary weapon at 16Mt! And it gives what looks like a Fury 3 buff after dancing, and without the usual -6 HP penalty. Looks sexy in more ways than one? And I don't mean her assets.

She is the dancer with the highest BST among the banner units, not that 149 BST is particularly high, but at least, if you choose to bring a dancer to arena, she won't weigh you down horribly. To be aware, as neat as a support-type skill her weapon brings, it means it does absolutely nothing for her unlike other legendary weapons with a skill embedded in them (e.g. Darting blow 2 in Yato) and hits like a silver weapon with +1 Mt.

Is she a good unit out of the box? Its a shoo-in for the first dancer to come with a legendary weapon, and one that comes with a built-in "hone all/hone fury". Potentially good support, though pairing with bladetomes is a little questionable since you do want your buffs from the start, not only after one dance.

Is she good with skill investment? Frankly, you pull a dancer for dance/sing. She does have better offense stats than regular Azura, so she should be combat capable.

Is she good skill fodder? Why would you fodder a dancer? I suppose you want Drive res 2.

Why You Would Want Axezura?:

You aim to have more dancers for assault modes and tempest. Its good to have a wider color coverage among dancers to better complement more teams you build.

Why You Wouldn't Want Axezura?:

You are looking for strong combatants, and Axezura doesn't score well in arena.

Shitgure (sorry not sorry for this pun)

HP 34 ATK 31 SPD 29 DEF 21 RES 24

If you thought Cecilia and Olwen had low BST at 144, we have a new LOW at BST 139, thanks to Shigure, while Olivia and Inigo both hold BST 140 (like mother like son, Shigure why can't you be more like your mom?)

Okay, crappy BST aside, he does have average atk and res...and everything else is below average. What can we do with him? Lets see below

Is he good out of the box? Auto shoo-in because dancer. Otherwise...the other 3 dancers are probably better with higher speed to avoid being doubled. Notably, nobody has particularly high def/res.

Is he good with skill investment? Subpar stat distribution aside, being a mage dancer does give him more options than a melee dancer. What this means is, in addition to dancing, he can run tomes such as raven + TA to move your units away from bowlyn and maybe survive a hit, or you could even try owltome. I wouldn't suggest bladetome because this means not utilizing dance and getting playing him aggressively when his atk/spd spread is somewhat lacking.

Is he good skill fodder? Btome valor? Gayser Geyser dance for your favourite dancer? Please, we all know how much we are in love with Wings of Mercy dancers. I suppose you can give away dancer's score for breath of life 3 effect, but there are better tomes for offense.

Why You Would Want Shigure?

This is the son of your waifu. This is a blue mage dancer who can dance, and take the blarraven + TA build to counter bowLyn. Because he dancer scored his way into your heart.

Why You Wouldn't Want Shigure?

You totally agree with the Shitgure joke, and feel like it hurts him to be the one with the lowest speed. Arena scoring is shit, and there are 4*+0 units who score better than him.

Dark Dank Olivia

HP 34 ATK 28 SPD 34 DEF 16 RES 28

Colorless dancer, who would have thought. When we asked IS to make daggers usable, they answered...like this. Any dancer is usable by virtue of dance! Did IS truly bless us (yes they did, her art is good) or is this some twisted "monkey paw wish"?

She has good speed, and above average res, so if anything, she can be built to survive some mages, and in return, debuff them with her fan. Her atk is on the low side, but just as with her usual self, she can survive some hits, and provide good support.

Is she a good unit out of the box? Yes she is good. Silver dagger, you can go home now, Dancer's fan has you beat. Again, any dancer is an auto shoo-in for utility.

Is she good with skill investment? As a dagger user, she can be potentially interesting, and quite flexible much like the mage dancers. She can effectively wield poison dagger to fight infantry or dance for you, or you can keep her fan to do a windsweep debuff build when she isn't dancing for you at the expense of teleporting dancer.

Is she good skill fodder? Distant def hype! But wait, she is limited edition while Celica is in regular pool. Blaze dance? again, Wings of mercy exists. Or you actually want to try sweep olivia. Her fan is also pretty neat in that it combines breath of life 3 (sorry Linde!) and silver dagger's effect.

Why You Would Want Olivia?:

Her art makes you wanna fan yourself. Okay, she has viable and interesting skill sets to utilize outside of dancing and is excellent support beyond dance.

Why You Wouldn't Want Olivia?:

Again, horrible arena scores. Maybe you are satisfied with your current roster of dancers. Or, you just hate going into colorless hell.

Dancing Laslow Memes Inigo

HP 37 ATK 28 SPD 33 DEF 22 RES 20

Everyone, hide your memes and shitposts, Intsys reads them and acts upon them. Anyone remember Laslow's castle quote : “Ah! You caught me dancing! I’m just practicing. But you’ll be the first to see my moves when I’m ready, [Summoner].” Well, he's done practicing and ready to show you his moves.

Unlike Xander, Laslow/Inigo loses 12 BST taking his clothes off and baring his midriff. I guess it means you gotta go the whole hog, right Xander? Those pecs are made of paper apparently. On the bright side, he did gain some speed.

Is he a good unit out of the box? Again, dancer is auto-win, and much like Shigure, he does have the flexibility of being a mage to work with tomes. He has better speed, and is of the fitting color match up to fight Reinhardt if you want to.

Is he good with skill investment? Inigo is of the right color to take TA to defend against Reinhardt and capable of taking gronnraven to fight Bowlyn, in a usual "kill 2 birds horses in one stone tome". That being said, he is made of paper and may not be able to effectively fight both in one same battle.

Is he good skill fodder? Honestly? He doesn't have anything noteworthy to give away. Again, I suppose you can give away dancer's ring for breath of life 3 effect, but there are better tomes for offense.

Why You Would Want Inigo?:

He makes you feel gay with Gay Gale dance. You appreciate Intsys for making your dream memes reality and let Laslow/Inigo dance for you.

Why You Wouldn't Want Inigo?:

This guy is cockblocking you in your attempts to pick up your waifu Axezura.

Overall Banner Evaluation

You lack dancers? You only have free red olivia to dance for you? Now's your chance to get more of them! You want 7 different dancers for arena assault? Thats sexy and could be worth your while. No more having that dilemma of debating when to use a dancer and reserving them for potentially tough matches. Plonk them dancers for every team!

Azura aside, all of them have really shitty arena scoring and may not see use among the competitive crowd, but they could make arena defense...rage-inducing when they are bonus units. Are they really powercreep or new meta? I think they will be more "shoo fly shoo" annoying than Brave Lyn meta breaking. These dancers have more flexibility in what else they can bring to the table, but they remain what they are - support units, and Azura is the only one having competitive atk/spd spread, at the expense of being more squishy. The competitive crowd may not even see these units at all due to really low BST.

My personal take? You want dancers? GO for it. You want good bonus units for arena? Fuck this, the BSTs suck donkey ass, only Azura is worth your while, and even then, Inigo is cockblocking your way.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    xchan, OPhelia and Mukimpo like this.
  2. Omuno

Omuno Member

Friend ID:
    My wish: at least give me azura before banner ends

3. deathspadeii

deathspadeii Moderator+ Staff Member

In the last banner, you said Summer Leo was bad.
    In the banner BEFORE, you said Summer Frederick was bad.
    You expect me to believe that Shigure is bad. Pssh. I'll run a fucking bladetome on him if I have to. Hell, I'll MAKE him good if he isn't!
    Because I'm dedicated!

Gaodzilla likes this.
  4. tautet

tautet Active Member

Friend ID:
    always great Lockypedia :)

but the only Text/answer for the question "should you pull" here is... "yes!" :D

5. Locky

Actually, it can be "no" for certain people if they don't use dancers, or don't like units with low BST for arena scoring.

6. tautet

tautet Active Member

Friend ID:
    Sounds wrong, but ok :)

7. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    I ended up pulling. I put my 90 orbs. In the end I got 2 Azuras, no off banner 5 stars. Can't complain, but I kinda wanted the other units too

8. XRay

XRay Active Member

Friend ID:
    Dancers/Singers are too good to not pull. They might not be worth merging to +10 for most players, but I think most players should at least try to get at least one copy of each. There is only so much you can do with Olivia, Azura, and Ninian. With four more Dancers/Singers, your options are almost endless.

Evan likes this.
  9. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    I really think. Mage dancer would be interesting... I just need to get him

10. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

Pulling on this banner, for sure. Targeted Olivia and Azura (I'm a sucker for their art even though I *hate* Azura as a character).

So far, I only lack Azura. Olivia came home on a free summon, which bodes well.

Evan likes this.
  11. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    I ended up getting Inigo

12. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

My first super lucky banner :) azura and olivia now joining the ranks, i somehow avoided the colorless hell!

I followed advice from someone to focus on a colour or 2 max at a time and it is working!! IMG_8240.JPG IMG_8241.JPG

Pookkachan and Evan like this.
  13. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Sweet! No Wrys fest

14. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

How did inigo made it to s+ Arena tier list! IMG_8260.JPG

15. Locky

Dancer = S tier.
    Can equip Gronnraven + TA to fight bowLyn and Reinhardt = +S tier.

Mukimpo likes this.
  16. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

But is this guy stat-wise (28atk neutral) can pull that off in practice?

17. Locky

RobinF has 29 atk and she can do it. So can Merric, with his shitty 26 base atk.

Mukimpo likes this.
  18. Madliver

Madliver New Member

Friend ID:
    Yeah, he really can do it. Playing at tier 19 earlier today, my Inigo (built with Gronnraven, TA and bowbreaker) managed to ORKO both Reinhardt and BH!Lyn in the same enemy phase.

19. mudyez

mudyez New Member

Got an Inigo and he is great (Breath of Life Weapon, Skill and Seal on him).
    Got an Azura and she is nice too (even though I feel Inigo is a better pure support).

Not I'm torn: should I use my last few orbs (tomorrow it should be 20 or 21) to go for POlivia? I really like her (her artwork is nice and it is the temptation of having a dagger user that is worth anything...sorry Kagero) and am not planning on going for Halloween Banner anyway? After all it's colourless hell, which scares me.

Mukimpo likes this.
  20. Ausiczek

Ausiczek New Member

Got +Def, -Hp Olivia. Is she good if I already have regular Azura and Ninian?