1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Should You Pull: Farfetch'd Heroes

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Locky, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

This banner’s premise is farfetch'd not the pokemon and even IS knows it. The heroes are mostly memes and come from 3 different games.

Please feel free to comment and give feedback, and please inform me if I made any mistakes.

Dorcas Poisoned Mutton Dorkass

HP 45 ATK 35 SPD 23 DEF 35 RES 24

Apparently what does not kill you make you stronger, as evidenced by what poisoned mutton has done to Dorcas. Much like how Intsys went full-meme mode on Arden, Dorcas has been meme-ascended to distant counter godhood and dat quote he has on mutton.

If Lukas was infantry Effie, Dorcas is infantry hector, except Dorcas gives up hp for better res to stand up to mages. Is he really a direct 2 mov upgrade to hector? Not necessarily, given that Hector still remains the only person who can run both quick riposte and vantage, as well as enjoy armor buffs but Dorcas has the strong point of being a 2 mov unit able to keep distant counter and utilize steady breath - a trait unique to dragons, Ike and Ryoma.

Is he good outside the box? Yes he is, as the first axe unit to have innate distant counter in his weapon, and a good base kit. Also dat BST boost.

Is he good with skill investment? Certainly he is. When a unit is good out of the box, they can only get better with investment.

Is he good skill fodder? God tier fodder pretty much on par with Klein, if you didn’t count only for the fact that his weapon cannot be inherited. Fierce stance, quick riposte and the much coveted infantry pulse.

Why You Would Want Dorcas?:

Stronk axe user with distant counter and can run steady breath.

Why You Wouldn't Want Dorcas?:

You don’t get any of this poison mutton jokes. You are satisfied with your roster of axe users and he’s not meta breaking.

Lute MLG noscoper

HP 33 ATK 36 SPD 32 DEF 16 RES 34

If Arvis is the playploy boy of FEH, Lute is the playploy girl of FEH, as Weirding Tome comes with +3spd and speed ploy, while her C slot comes with res ploy. We all know that atk ploy seal is looking very tempting for that triple ploy meme, isn’t it. Unlike Arvis having def ploy, Lute’s ploys are actually all useful to her. Arvis is still pending that speed ploy seal to beat her at doing quad ploys, but for now, she does have a somewhat better set of ploys right now.

Her speed may feel lacking, but she is still slightly faster than Arvis, can have +spd IVs, and in fact edges him out in all the important stats you look out for in a ploy mage to give him a run for his money as ploymaster, especially since Weirding Tome makes her very deceptively fast with its unique skills.

Is she good outside the box? Yes she is, as the 2nd unit to able to run multiple ploys to debuff enemies better than daggers (RIP daggers). Also dat BST boost.

Is she good with skill investment? Certainly she is. Let me repeat, when a unit is good out of the box, they can only get better with investment.

Is she good skill fodder? Res ploy of course, and for some people, her rally atk/res. I do think HP+4 Res +2 is questionable when halloween nowi exists with that atk/res bond, not to mention mages don’t really value HP all that much.

Why You Would Want Lute?:

You want to MLG no-scope and l00t your enemies like a boss. She carried your ass and shredded foes in Magvel and made crazy mage babies with Artur.

Why You Wouldn't Want Lute?:

Yet another blue mage who isn’t Reinhardt, or fast like Linde.

Mamma Mia dat voice acting

HP 38 ATK 32 SPD 40 DEF 28 RES 25

Girl is breaking that sound barrier with that speed, beating out Lon’qu as the unit with the highest base speed, and to bury his niche even further (IS stop beating the dead horse), comes with boosted BST, higher attack, and a legendary weapon.

But the true comparison lies with Ayra while the rest are left behind in the dust. Who is the superior infantry sword powercreeper? Much like the Hector/Dorcas debate, there is no clear winner. Mia has flashing blade as her A slot, while Ayra has it in her weapon innately. While Mia has the +3 atk and wo dao effect going for her (and is unlikely to ditch flashing blade in A slot), Ayra has her A slot open to take on atk/spd boosting A slots or even distant counter while keeping that blade effect. In terms of their defensive stats, Mia gave up a bit of def to have slightly above average res so she doesn’t quite get trashed by mage as easily.

Is she good outside the box? Yes she is, just like the other two units on this banner. Truly, there is no dud here. That being said, vantage isn’t actually optimal and she would prefer a skill such as desperation.

Is she good with skill investment? Certainly she is. When a unit is good out of the box, they can only get better with investment. At the rate IS keeps giving out busted units, I could just skip this part totally one day.

Is she good skill fodder? Flashing blade is really good to hand out to your speedsters, but do note it is limited to infantry and armored units much like steady breath and wrath are. That is all there is. It’s a good skill though.

Why You Would Want Mia?:

Boosted BST sword girl with legendary sword who isn’t cockblocked like Ayra was.

Why You Wouldn't Want Mia?:

You already have Ayra and she is waifu with better art and voice. Mia’s remark on how Soren is lost in his books still haunts you.

Overall Banner Evaluation

This banner has nothing but boosted BST and legendary weapons, and everyone is good. That being said, its being run alongside tempest banner CYL banner redux, and the 8% legend banner is also on its way, so it’s a matter of weighing your priorities on who you want unless you can whale for them all.

As it is, this banner alongside the incoming Children of Fates will be the two announced banners with new units, while tempest, BHB banners and 8% legend fest are all older units that you may have already pulled in the past, so do keep it mind if you wish to aim for new units, or good but old units ahem fodder. These new units all nice to have but not meta breaking, and come with the "sin" of being infantry when armors, horses and fliers get their class-exclusive buffs.

xchan, Mukimpo and OPhelia like this.
  2. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    This seems a lot better than my guide TBH, though I feel that Mia takes the throne for the bets in this banner.

3. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

Stop making me wanna go for Dorcas.
    I wanted to save up Orbs :eek:

Evan likes this.
  4. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

The only thing that kept me away from dorcas is his un-hero look thank god otherwise my last 20 orbs will be gone!

5. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    What is with the Art style for Dorcas and Arden? That’s what we should be asking here

6. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

the artist is legit good, his style is just more realistic than the usual anime style, and well...neither Arden nor Dorcas were attractive men in the first place.

7. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Oh yeah it really is good in my opinion. It just looks odd alongside a bunch of anime style characters, granted there is a wide variety of art styles already.

Arden tho low key sexy af

8. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

I like them to experiment with different artistic styles even more.
    For me it's definitely more interesting to see than if everything would look the same.