1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Account Trading/Rerolling for this fourm (and what it has done for me)

Discussion in 'Account Trading' started by Ryoma The High Prince, May 23, 2018.

1. Ryoma The High Prince

Ryoma The High Prince Active Member

Friend ID:
    Fire Emblem Heroes has come a long way from what it used to be, and the same could be said for account trading. Back in the old days of the game, account trading offers/giveaways were rampant on the fourms. You had to either be quick to jump on an offer or hope that either your account was good enough for a trader to accept or you could find a giveaway for a good free account. This is how I got my first Hector: a guy gave away an account with him and a 4 star Fae (plus someone else) and I was lucky enough to jump on it. That isn't the one I use now: that honor would go to an account with Jaffar, Nino, Hector, Eldigan, and other assorted heroes I got after trading the former account with a guy who wanted Hinoka (I got Hinoka on the first account during the first seasonal banner). I was also a fan of rerolling. I shouldn't have to tell anybody what this means, but if you don't already know, rerolling is when you reset your app and go through the process of doing the tutorial, waiting for the game to download, and spending the free orbs you get on a banner, hoping that you can get one, two, or even three 5 stars that you desire. Account trading overall has died down here (don't know about Reddit and other places) because those who have good accounts have kept and used and gotten attached to these accounts, me included. Rerolling has died off not only because of the last reason, but also because the game has gotten much bigger, and I'm not just talking about popularity: now the game is over a gigabyte, and it takes a long time just to finish one reroll, never mind the dozens it might take in order to obtain good or even optimal results.

Tl;dr; account trading and rerolling were popular before people got gud at the game. I think both of those served their purposes; so that new players could get a start they wanted before they invested their time into the game, and thus I say to this catagory of posts: thank you, and rest in peace.

Evan likes this.
  2. Rubi

Rubi Moderator Staff Member

Reddit just straight out disallows it, it's against their rules to trade / sell acs. But people are always recommended to reroll, and if you use Android I'm pretty sure there's a way to reset the game without having to re-download that 1GB of stuff.

Evan likes this.
  3. Ryoma The High Prince

Ryoma The High Prince Active Member

Friend ID:
    I believe that relies on rooting your device, and my device can't do that.

4. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

the Android method does not require rooting, I can't say the same for iPhones.

5. Rayney_

Rayney_ Active Member

I think you can clear the “cache” on iPhones for rerolling. On the initial menu screen there’s an option for that.

6. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    I never re-rolled or traded accounts. When I first started playing, I didn’t think to do that. I didn’t know any characters besides the smash Bros crew, and the Shadows of Valentina characters (when that game came out.) So I was perfectly happy with Gunter, Fae, and a 5 Star Rebecca.

I wish I thought to re-roll, but everything worked out and I’m happy with my units. I’ve never really been a fan of account trading or selling on any game really. Although when one of my brothers started playing, I did recommend that he re-roll his account haha.

Thanks for sharing @Ryoma The High Prince