1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate my Sheena?

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by Yuki, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Yuki

Yuki New Member

[​IMG]

Going for an all-around tanker/armor buff build, still a work in progress. Have her on a team paired with Hone Armor Gwendolyn and my Black Knight. Fourth wheel switches between Genny or Arden depending on the weather. Any good or nah?

MitsuBlue23 and Mukimpo like this.
  2. Rubi

Rubi Moderator Staff Member

Surprising to see anyone aside from myself appreciate Sheena, I use Sheena in my main team too, so I'll give some of my opinions. Sheena (as with any melee armor units) really shines with Distant Counter, so if you can sacrifice a Hector, that'd be excellent. Even if you don't have Distant Counter, try to replace Svalinn Shield with something more useful, I have never seen anyone run armor effective weapons.

The best special to take advantage of Shield Pulse right now is either Ice Mirror (exclusive to Fjorm though) or Miracle. I'm not a fan of defensive specials because you can much better take advantage of Sheena's bizarre defensive stats by giving her Bonfire / Ignis. For C skill, you might want to give her Ward Armor instead for that extra range if you plan on going full Armor Emblem.

For Sheena's Assist skill, you're much better off running a movement assist. Never run Rally Defense when you already have Fortify Armor in her C skill, those buffs don't stack (the higher number will override). I suggest Swap, but some people like Pivot instead.

My Sheena is +8 now (6 of those Sheenas were from promoting 4* to 5*!). I don't run Armor Emblem, so my C skill is not an armor buff, but instead it's Atk Ploy to take advantage of Sheena's Res. You can also consider that if you one day get a spare Katarina.

I plan on giving Slaying Axe+ to her as well, then getting the +Res upgrade to allow her to tank Reinhardt even without the Triangle Adept effect of Emerald Axe+.

[​IMG]

(Galeforce may seem like a strange choice, but it's there to boost my Arena score.)

MitsuBlue23 and Mukimpo like this.
  3. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Youngest Peeper Around! Staff Member

Friend ID:
    If I were you, I would take something that isn't a Rally Skill for your Assist. Most Rally buffs that aren't Rally Attack aren't very noticeable, and so you might what something like Reposition or Swap instead. Some defensive specials are nice too, especially if you have a boon for defense or resistance.

4. Yuki

Yuki New Member

The lack of Sheenas surprises me tbh. Her combined def+res is absurd, and she still has respectable atk to boot.

From what I've seen Ignis seems to be the go-to skill for her, but I'm wary of it since it'd be sacrificing effectively 33.3% of her melee tanking ability. But, the damage bonus is likely astounding. Will consider it, if I ever pull some fodder that has it.

The assist skill is from when I had just started the game. I've been looking for a Pivot for quite a while, but alas...

5. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Youngest Peeper Around! Staff Member

Friend ID:
    The problem with Sheena is that she doesn't have a powerful Legendary Weapon, something that Hector has. She doesn't have enough speed to actually double anybody, and without some like like Pivot, she only moves 1 space per turn. The only outstanding thing about her defenses, but with her being so slow, you might be forced into getting something like Slaying Axe or Quick Reposte to activate it quickly.

6. Rubi

More like it's expensive to build a good Sheena. Her base weapon Killer Axe+ is horrible and needs to be replaced, and also she requires DC and QR to be truly potent during enemy phase.

7. Yuki

Yuki New Member

Alright, so I've been browsing skills for a bit and I think I found a good alternative. What if I have her Armored Blow 3 and Ignis, then traded the B skill for QR? With Armored Blow 3 her Ignis would be dealing an additional 36 damage before ally buffs. Add Quick Riposte and Slaying Axe and she has no problem with the cooldown. Thoughts?

Post-script: Distant Counter would be primo but pulling Hector with luck like mine is asking for the moon.

8. Rubi

Sheena is an enemy phase unit, as in she's good at counterattack killing her enemies. Reason is that she's slow, without QR she will never double anyone, and Ignis will rarely, if ever, proc in a battle. Giving her a player phase skill like Armored Blow is a massive waste of her potential. If you can't give her Distant Counter, something budget like Def+3 or Black Knight's Steady Stance 3 will do.