1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

[PkP] Kick Ass with: Nino + Eirika combo

Discussion in 'Guides' started by PkPhreak, Apr 28, 2017.

1. PkPhreak

PkPhreak Member

Friend ID:
    Hello again, my fellow Summoners.

Last time, we talked about Kagero, a fairly squishy unit that can deal massive aount of damage.
    Today though, we add the bonus of being a Mage and having the most overpowered Weapon-type in the game. And what we get is: Nino!

With Neutral IV's her Stats are 36/46/36/19/23, his Tome already included, which leads to a BST or a Arena Rating of 160, which isn't the Best. But there is ways to increase that.

His weapon, the Gronnblade+, has a Mt of 13 and Slows his Special Cooldown by one. However, this tome has a neat side effect: It adds all Bonuses (Buffs) the unit has, as TRUE DAMAGE to the Target. This makes him viable against EVERYTHING, which makes him one of the best units to use outside of Flier/Cavalry/Armor-only Teams.

from now on there are 2 Builds we can use, but that depends on your Nino's IV Stats. If you have a +SPD Nino, skip the next section. If you're unlucky like me and you don't, read on!

Weapon: Gronnblade+ (duh)
    Assist: Ardent Sacrifice
    Special: Glimmer
    Skill A: Darting Blow 3
    Skill B: Desperation 3
    Skill C: Threaten Res/Hone ATK
    Seal: Attack +1

this set makes even a neutral Nino a Monster, since you get +6 SPD from Darting Blow, so first of all, that's +6 true damage whenever you initiate an attack. Second of all, you reach a suprisingly hefty 42 SPD, meaning you will double ~95% of the Units.

Glimmer is pretty easy to justify. It increases your damage dealt by 50%, allowing the portion of Nino's true damage to kick in even more.

Ardent Sacrifice + Desperation is a common thing on speedy units these days, because you get to attack twice without any counterattack. This allows Nino to ORKO Hector without taking damage.

Lastly, Threaten Res is always a little bonus, but totally not necessary. I stated Hone Atk as an option but to be honest, you can put here whatever you are comfortable with.

Now, for the +SPD build:

Weapon: Gronnblade+
    Assist: Drag Back
    Special: Glimmer
    Skill A: Fury 3
    Skill B: Desperation 3
    Skill C: Savage Blow 3/Hone Atk 3
    Seal: Attack+1

This build is centered around a +SPD Nino with Fury, who reaches the same 42 SPD cap as the former Nino, but in both phases. She also gets a bit tankier with Fury, but not by much.

The point of this build is to have Nino as your core Source of Damage, meaning bringing a dancer along is crucial to your success. After 2 battles, Fury takes Nino into the Desperation range, which makes Ardent Sacrifice obsolete and leaves more Room for movement options. I chose Draw back to reposition her and potentially Eirka or the Dancer you should bring along.

Since you will be attacking a whole bunch with this set, I decided to go for Savage Blow 3 here to secure even more damage.

I've seen people use Defiant Skills in Slot A, since Nino can use the +7 stats provided by them for true damage, but in my opinion, these are too situational.

And that's my two Cents on how to build Nino. But nino alone cannot do much without someone to give her stat buffs for her Weapon.
    This is where the second half of this Review comes in: Eirika!

Now Eirika is a very interesting Unit, in that she also has exceptional speed, but can also be a good support unit at the same time. Optimally you'd want +SPD IV's, but the builds dont differ based on your IV's any way.

Here's my Build. I'm open for suggestions, but this is how you want to build most of the time:

Weapon: Sieglinde
    Assist: Rally Defense
    Special: Moonbow
    Skill A: Life and Death 3
    Skill B: Swordbreaker 3
    Skill C: Hone Spd
    Seal: HP+3

This set allows her to set up easy kills with Nino and finishing off her Threats.
    Her Weapon has Hone Atk 2 Built-in (+3 ATK Buff), so she can buff our Nino with +3 ATK, +4 SPD and +4 DEF at the same time.

Now it gets interesting: The Matchup Chart!

Nino 1: 60 Wins/13 Losses/51 Draws
    Nino 2: 73/9/42
    Eirika: 70/4/50

Now, I know what you are thinking: Those matchup charts dont look too good. But let me tell you, these are without any buffs. Lets apply our +3 ATK, +4 SPD and +4 DEf to Nino then:

Nino 1: 109/4/31
    Nino 2: 115/2/7

Now, doesn't that look better? :D those few Losses come from Red Mages (most Notably Sanaki), but Eirika can kill all of them, so they pair well. Eirika is just a complement for the OP Hero that is Nino. Along with 1 or 2 Dancers Nino truly becomes a God.

And that's my ComboGuide on Nino and Eirika. If you feel like I missed something, let me know in the comments. This is PkPhreak, signing out :)

2. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

Just my two cents, I prefer my supports to stay alive and perhaps stand in front of nino and take a few hits that she can't so I prefer Fury over LnD for eirika. I do not have Eirika, but Sharena does the job.

3. PkPhreak

PkPhreak Member

Friend ID:
    You still survive a Linde after Life and Death. That's the difference. Because she doubles you if you don't have Life and Death. Also her overall matchup chart is more solid that way.

I agree on Sharena somewhat. She is definately a viable F2P option, but you will be looking at a 3 Stat difference on Nino. Though you have 1 more attack, you get 4 less SPD then when you are using Eirika and that hurts your Matchup chart again

So, while I see your point, for Min/Maxing Teams for Arena, this is the better setup for most situations.

By the way I'd be curious to see your opinion on Sharena. Because she is a viable 5* Hero, a lot of people think of using her, but there are so many different builds you can run on her

4. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

oh the surviving Linde thing is pretty cool. I swap out fortify def for hone speed on Sharena, but Eirika is still the better choice because Sieglinde + rally + hone is 3 buffs, while Sharena can only supply two buffs. Sharena build below, now I just need to pull just ONE hinata on my main account.

Weapon: Fensalir
    Assist: Rally Atk
    Special: Draconic Aura
    Skill A: Fury 3
    Skill B: Swordbreaker 3
    Skill C: Hone Spd

Swordbreaker because she cant quite double the popular red units. Draconic Aura should trigger after 1 combat rather than mid-combat so it can be used to help give a little push to finish up units she can't by herself.

5. PkPhreak

PkPhreak Member

Friend ID:
    Sadly my Sharena is fucked at lvl 40 with this:

CMXWeZk.png