1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

PvE No idea what I am doing... special maps

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by echvinya, May 3, 2019.

1. echvinya

echvinya New Member

Friend ID:
    Hello,

I have been playing for a while (several months) and haven't really gotten into the Meta game very much, though I have summoned a ton of allies.

I put together a team that has allowed me to clean all of the main story and prologues, but I suffer when it comes to the special maps.

The Team I have been running is
    Brave Hector
    Brave Lyn
    Brave Veronica
    Eir

This is mainly because they were the first 5* that I pulled. I have learned all of their auto skills, but I don't know what to do beyond that, and can't seem to find a good guide.

I have loads of others like:
    Spring Veronica
    Spring Loki
    Laevatein
    Leif
    Fir
    L Ike
    FW Lucina
    Fjorm
    General Hector
    STL Ephraim

Gosh there are so many of them, and I have no idea where to even start. Any help would be awesome.

2. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Friend ID:
    So I'm not an expert, and I say that because I've only beaten one abyssal map and hover around tier 19 arena. There are players here who can do abyssal levels regularly and are tier 20+ in arena.

But I view teams like this:

1 x Red
    1 x Blue
    1 x Green
    1 x Dancer, Support, or Colorless

(Some teams don't need one of each color and multiple dancer teams can be fun, but this is basics).

I also like one tank and like some range capability, generally speaking. Team synergy and team buffs are crucial too.

Hones/Fortifies/Wards/Goads/Drives/Tactics/Waves are all c skills that can be inherited and are beneficial but also limited in use.

It's also important to understand the term "IV," and I would recommend googling FEH IVs. It's a stat distribution. You could have a great 5* unit who is limited because of bad IVs.

I like Gamepress to view suggested unit builds, but keep in mind those aren't 100% all the time.

Can you post some pictures of your barracks?

I would also avoid any skill inheritance until you grow in your game knowledge. These forums are a great start. The community is very helpful.

3. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

first thing, when it comes to special maps, you can't really expect "1-team clear all" like with story easy tutorial mode, you'll have to tailor the team accordingly and switch around.

Good guides are rare for a number of reasons.

1. Skill inheritance is very open-ended, and many people have various playstyles, thought processes etc, that there is no one single agreed "best" way to build teams. If it works, it works, tier lists be damned. What works for one person may not work for another simply due to how they approach the game.

2. Different people have different objectives, and different levels of dedication they are willing to put into units (e.g. not everyone will want to sacrifice certain 5* exclusive units, esp when they only have 1 copy) and how competitive (or not) they plan to be.

3. Its just that much easier to suggest builds, than to teach a person how to think about building, mostly due to the points 1 and 2.

That being said, I can recommend 2 guides, some parts are outdated (when talking abt banners for example) but still useful :

1. New player guide. Your game knowledge seems barely there since you don't seem to be able to progress beyond "use the first 5 star units i pulled with base kit and finish story mode", so this will help.

2. Guide to archetypes and teambuilding. There has been new units and skills added after the guide was last updated, but the unit archetypes and basic ideas of teambuilding never get old.

4. echvinya

echvinya New Member

Friend ID:
    Thank you folks for the replies. So sorry for taking so long to get back to you, busy weekend. I am going to dig into these guides, and here are some shots of my barracks.

Screenshot_20190504-234635.png Screenshot_20190504-234650.png Screenshot_20190504-234701.png Screenshot_20190504-234728.png Screenshot_20190504-234814.png Screenshot_20190504-234822.png Screenshot_20190504-234837.png Screenshot_20190504-234844.png Screenshot_20190504-234903.png Screenshot_20190504-234917.png

I also have over 100k feathers, and a bunch of other items that I have never used.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  5. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    So I havent played for awhile, but I'll give this a crack. I personally would swap out Veronica. I like using Falchion healers instead, but there's so many options. I never found healers appealing, but it depends on your play style.

Lyn is great out of the box. I put vantage in her B slot because occasionally it comes in handy for certain levels. You can always swap it in and out as needed.

If you are looking to swap someone out, Ike and Fjorm are solid enough. You have some good units, just learn how the skills work and bounce off certain build ideas you may have off the forums.