1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

News New Mystery of Emblem Banner

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Locky, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

Katarina - Wayward One (Red Tome)
    • Rauorowl+ mt:10
    • Glacies
    • Swift Sparrow
    • Atk Ploy 3 - At the start of the turn, all foes in cardinal direction with res 1 or more lower that unit suffer atk-5 until the end of the foes next action.
    HP: 34
    ATK : 32
    SPD : 34
    DEF : 15
    Res : 32
    IVs : Neutral

Roderick - Steady Squire (Blue Lance)
    • Firsweep L+ mt:15 - Unit and enemies cannot use counterattacks
    • Rally Def/Res - Grants Def/Res+ 3
    • Drag Back
    • Drive Def - Grants allies within 2 spaces def+3 during combat.
    HP : 40
    Atk : 31
    Spd : 34
    Def : 25
    Res : 24
    IV : neutral

Athena - Borderland Sword (Red Sword)
    • Wo Dao+
    • Moonbow
    • Sturdy Blow 2 - Grand atk/def+4 during combat if unit initiates combat
    • Sword Exp. 3 - If unit survives, all sword users on team get x2 exp.
    HP: 36
    ATK : 31
    SPD : 38
    DEF : 27
    Res : 24
    IVs : Neutral

Luke - Rowdy Squire (Red Sword)
    • Brave Sword+
    • Bonfire
    • Fire Boost 3 - if unit has at least 3 more HP than the enemy at the start of combat, unit receives atk+6 during combat.
    • Panic Ploy - At the start of turn, bonuses become penalties on all foes in cardinal directions with hp 1 or lower than the unit through foes next action.
    (further information will be added when their stats come along)

Katarina is a remake exclusive...Roderick and Luke are the generic cavalry guys you get in the beginning that people forget easily...not to mention Luke is Draug on a horse with the same hair and armor colors! There are much more interesting characters than these!

P.S I had to check FE Wiki to check who the fuck Roderick was, and realised he was that other guy who came along with Luke. New mystery of emblem as a whole had the largest cast of playable characters (excluding DLC units from Awakening, Fates and Mystery itself)...80% of whom had barely any effect on the story and were totally boring.

When a unit that has been around from the beginning of the game with you has less lines, plot-relevance and presence than some asshole who only joins you really late at chapter 22 out of 25, I have no words for this.

Additional Datamine

- Two GHBs lined up, Legion and Clarisse/Kleine. Legion is axe user while Clarisse is an archer. This gives the Archanea series the most number of GHBs (4 GHBs) with Michalis/Navarre/Legion/Clarisse.
    - Michalis rerun with quests - Get Alfonse and Michalis to his GHB.
    - Healer Voting Gauntlet OH MY GAWD ROFLMAO.

Clarisse

HP: 37
    Atk :31
    Spd :34
    Def: 25
    Res :21

Legion:

HP: 46
    Atk :36
    Spd :35
    Def: 22
    Res: 18

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6gya81/new_heroes_arrive_echoes_of_mystery/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../feh_datamine_echoes_of_mystery_june_13_2017/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6h50ij/datamine_june_13_21016/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6h4vx3/clarisse_art_datamined/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...r/clarisse_and_legion_lvl40_speech_and_stats/

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. MitsuBlue23

MitsuBlue23 Member

Friend ID:
    3 reds and 1 blue. Katarina is the most appealing for me (what a surprise), but mainly for Swift Sparrow lol.

These new units seem so underwhelming and as you said, generic. Skipping this banner bc even if I want Katarina, there's 2 other red units I don't care much for.

3. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

I'm thus far interested in Katarina (Sparrow is always fun) and Athena (cuz Wo Dao's a riot. If I ever end up with Heavy Blade, I could see that getting nasty)

But even then... meh

4. Alt

Alt Member

Friend ID:
    Why did the artist of Eliwoody eyes get a second chance

5. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Active Member

Friend ID:
    So If I wear to rate these, which i will, i feel that it goes Athena, kATARINA (league o leegends), Luke, then Roderick.

Athena has Wo Dao, with a high uptime special, will almost always do a good amount of damage since she targets def, Wodao, and Sturdy Blow, which is equal, if not slightly worse than Swift Sparrow.

Katarina (Rito Plz), has an Owl Tome, which on its own isn't the best, but she has swift sparrow, which could possibly be used in a blade tome setup.Attack Ploy seems decent, since we can inference that she has high res thanks to Glacies. Seems good, but might need some expensive inheritance.

Luke might be a powerhouse. He already comes with Brave Sword, which at first might not be the best, but since you can't inherit Legendary weapons, it's kinda decent. The Fire Boost or whatever is decent for it, since compared to Death Blow, you don't to start the attack in order to get the buff, but even then it might need to be replaced by distant counter. Panic Ploy is incredibly situational, and is worth it to just replace with Threaten Defense.

With Roderick, nothing in his kit actual synergizes with himself. He is more of a support, but the Rally and Drive Def don't stack, making him more worth to inherit those skills. Drag back is decent, but is somewhat situational, since Desperation and Vantage is more versatile overall. The Firesweep sword seems bad. If it works the way Faye's bow works, it's useless, since he can't counter during enemy, making him more of an offensive unit, but again, Drive Def and Rally Def/Res doesn't help.

That's pretty much it.

Cloudedstrife likes this.
  6. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

The banner is good, not great, but some skills here can't be overlooked. We've only had access to Swift Sparrow on a limited-time character and of course Wo Dao which is also hard to come by. It's always good to have more of those abilities around.

7. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Active Member

Friend ID:
    so after a video from phoenixmaster, i found out one thing

LUKES C SLOT COUNTERS BLADE TOMES

8. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

So basically, this set's gonna turn the meta on its ear with its inheritables

9. naro

naro New Member

Friend ID:
    luke looks like alm's and reinhardt's son wow,, the art is ugly

Cloudedstrife likes this.
  10. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

@syuri , @PkPhreak , @Ragnell_Slayer, that Michalis rerun you've been asking me about is here. Prep your Alfonse.

inb4 I get Michalis to shred his own GHB.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Ragnell_Slayer and syuri like this.
  11. syuri

syuri New Member

hiphip horray.. all hail Michalis..

12. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

Actually, he's "Diet Draug". The guy lost some weight and is light enough to ride a horse now! hahah

13. Epic Fail

Epic Fail Moderator Staff Member

Friend ID:
    faced that new green axe character with panic ploy and my Ike got WRECKED! he had buffs that tuned against him and the green axe got to kill him. this is going to be a game changer... in some circumstances