1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with team cause I'm a massive scrub

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Chief801, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Chief801

Chief801 New Member

If anybody can help me make a good team composistion, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not very good at it and have just been using a team of stuff I found semi-effective, but I want to know how to git gud. Screenshot_2018-01-14-19-24-06.png Screenshot_2018-01-14-19-24-11.png

2. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

You can make emblem teams with your barracks. infantry are much more flexible.

1. Horse team : Brave Roy, Gunnthra, Roderick, Sigurd.
    2. Flier team : Elincia, NYcamilla, Cordelia (insert green flier here). NYcamilla may want to go for enemy phase build to differentiate herself from Elincia.
    3. Dragon team : CorrinF, both Tikis, (insert Fae here)

3. XRay

XRay Active Member

Friend ID:
    It depends on what mode you need the teams for. Tempest Trials, Arena, and Arena Assault all have slightly different needs.

In general, a Dancer/Singer, mage, and archer is applicable to nearly all modes and is very easy to use. However, you will need to change the team composition for certain Grand Hero Battles and for some of its related quests. The Dancer/Singer should ideally be a color weaker to the mage's color, so the Dancer/Singer can cover the mage's weakness. If you do not have enough Dancers/Singers, you may want to consider running a buffing (Eirika, Ephraim, BH!Lucina, Sanaki) or flying (Elincia, Cordelia, etc.) unit with Reposition to get your units out of Enemy Range. The fourth unit can be whatever you want or need, such as a bonus unit for certain modes.

I highly advise against running a lone armor unit outside of an armor team unless you have Guidance. They are really slow movement wise and it take ages for them to get to the front line. Babying them to get to the front lines is not worth it in my opinion when infantry tanks can tank nearly as well and can respond to a changing battlefield quicker.

4. SoloSen

SoloSen New Member

Friend ID:
    I don't have a horse, flier or armor team but I found using units whose abilities vary slightly from eachother make the team stronger overall.

My main team which I call Team Orphanage consists of Raigh, Lucius, Priscilla and Raven. Raigh kills horses, Lucius tanks magic attacks, deals really good AoE damage and heals, Priscilla is the main healer/debuffer, and Raven is upfront and does most of the killing or repositioning.

Now this was much more effective than using 4 of the same weapon type, (ex. Joshua, Berkut, Raven, H!Jakob) because they can't defend or attack as well as the first team. Using all magic units isn't nice either.

I could very well be called a scrub too I guess, but this was my personal insight on it.

Gaodzilla likes this.
  5. Embioz1

Embioz1 New Member

Friend ID:
    May I ask, how did you post the pictures like that?

6. XRay

XRay Active Member

Friend ID:
    Those are screen shots. I use a Galaxy S5 Active, so I do screen shots by pressing the home button and the power button at the same time. Your phone or tablet might require a different button combination.

7. Embioz1

Embioz1 New Member

Friend ID:
    I know and I already uploaded my screen shots on imgur so that they have an URL. But when I try to insert them here it doesn't work.

8. Locky

Click on the image button, then insert your imgur link there. Do note to use the picture's actual link, not the "one-picture album" link.

9. Embioz1

Embioz1 New Member

Friend ID:
    [​IMG]

Ok, I had to use the direct link instead of the image link. thanks!
    But can I make it smaller somehow?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  10. Locky

Add the following segment to your link

?width=515&height=451

The width and height do not have to be those numbers, just using it as example to resize image.

11. Embioz1

Embioz1 New Member

Friend ID:
    Do I have to put this segment right after the URL when I insert the image? Because that doesn't work.

12. Locky

13. Embioz1

Embioz1 New Member

Friend ID:
    [​IMG]

I don't know why but it doesn't work. I resized this image manually, guess that's the only way that works for me.