1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

My first Nino

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by Evan, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    what’s a solid build for Nino?

I’ve never used Nino in the past, I just promoted one to 5 stars for a tempest trial bonus unit. I know typically people use Nino at 4 Star and merge but I chose to make her 5 Star. (Also +def -hp)

I know many of you swear by Nino, or have used her in the past, so what’s a good build for her? High investment or budget, either one

2. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

fury/desperation. that is all.

Evan likes this.
  3. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

I think At her core her spd is good! Builds around that attribute will amplify her killing ability

Anyway if you managed to pull flying nino, she has the better speed (and After buffs probably the highest spd in game) with perfect base kit (i only switched out aerobatics with desperation)

Evan likes this.
  4. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Thanks Locky! Simple enough

I didn’t get Flying Nino :/ just the regular one.

5. Nankaina

Nankaina Member

Unpopular Opinion. Fury is great on Nino, but Defiant Atk is better. Essentially +14 Atk at low HP (assuming you're keeping Gronnblade, which is a fair assumption), and you want her at low HP for desperation anyway.
    My TT was hilariously fun with Nino at 1HP, having 59 Atk with Defiant in effect, and essentially hitting with 66 Atk twice against everything.

6. Locky

Brazen atk/spd exists, completely invalidating defiant, not to mention Brazen is an in-combat buff that can stack with hone atk or other similiar skills, but defiant is a buff in itself that will not stack with hones, you're giving up having an actual A slot for more atk that can stack with hones. Defiant is unpopular and not recommended from the start for good reason, even with bladetomes.

7. Pookkachan

Pookkachan Member

Isn’t the best nino is + speed. Still waiting for one that is not +speed -attack

8. Nankaina

Nankaina Member

I agree that Brazen atk/spd is nice for the sake of being in-combat, but the biggest flaw with it on a blade tome is that it's ONLY giving +7 Atk. Imagine if Defiant Atk was this:
    At start of turn, if unit's HP <50%, grants Atk+14 for 1 turn.
    Suddenly it's a lot better. Better, even, than Brazen, since it all goes into one stat. That, alongside Desperation (and the fact that Nino is basically expected to lose all her HP immediately) is what makes it a great A slot. And that's exactly what Blade tomes make it do.

9. Locky

did you completely miss this point "defiant is a buff in itself that will not stack with hones"? Bladetome Ninos don't play in a vacuum, Nino has buffers accompanying her, if you don't have anyone supplying hone/tactics to a bladetome you aren't playing it right. As it is, the highest blue buff is atk tactics at +6 atk, while the highest in-combat buff is +4 atk for infantry.

Brazen + Atk tactics = 7atk + 12 atk = 19 atk (works at 75% hp alongside desperation)

Defiant + Drive atk = 14atk + 3 atk = 17 atk (wait til you drop below 50%)

As long as hone/tactics offer more buffs than drives (and honestly, adjacent in-combat buff is very difficult to supply to a player phase unit), Brazen + field buff is generally the better option than Defiant + in-combat buff.

Because an in-combat A slot can stack with more field buffs than a field-buff A slot can stack with in-combat buffs.