1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

LA Hector

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by Xovan, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Xovan

Xovan Member

Bonjour,

I've got 3 Hectors (and no Lyn yet :( ) But I have a slight problem with the IV's.

2 of them are interesting :
    - One neutral
    - One HP + / RES -

According to you, what should I invest on ? The neutral or the HP + / RES - ?

Another point I want to debate with you is the Wrath Combo. Is it important ? Super strong ? Just creative ? My arm is singin' meme ? I have one Nephenee left, so I can built it, but is it more viable than another cheapper build ?

2. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

I would pick the neutral one unless you want to do panic ploy with +hp Hector. The wrath combo is strong, but not compulsory, and there are still other builds to compete with it, e.g. the usual vantage/QR build. That being said, Vhector is arguably the best user for wrath in B slot.

Xovan and QuickBit like this.
  3. QuickBit

QuickBit Active Member

Friend ID:
    The IVs you go with are more focused around what you want him to be doing. I vote for neutral IVs so he can somewhat tank the slower dragons a bit better.

The double wrath combo is really nice to have (and fun to use) but it’s not super important. You could run the vantage/QR combo (a Hector classic), a Desperation/Brash Assault combo, or even the flying nuke hector (ER/WoM work pretty well when he’s in wrath range from Armads). If you somehow acquire another Neph somewhere down the road try the double combo out, but for now; try to hold off on killing your only Neph.

Xovan likes this.
  4. Xovan

Xovan Member

Thank you !

I don't mind losing Nephenee since I'm a F2P player. Here is my dilemna : I can make an optimized Effie with :
    - DC
    - Slaying lance

But I only have one Neph, so according to you in which should I give wrath to Hector or Slaying lance to Effie ?

5. Locky

Wrath to Hector easily. You can grab killer lance, then refine it to slaying easily.

QuickBit and Xovan like this.
  6. Xovan

Xovan Member

Thank you guys,

Once I put Wrath on Hector, Glimmer is his best special, right ? And in term of seal, should I give him QR, or quickened pulse, ... ?

7. Locky

Yea its a pretty good option. I wouldn't say definite best, it mostly depends on your plans for him and his teammates, e.g. bonfire is pretty strong given his 40 def.

QuickBit and Xovan like this.
  8. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Hold on, Berserk Armads has built in wrath. So does the cooldown and the damage stack? Or just the damage?

9. Locky

Both the cooldown and damage stack.

Evan likes this.
  10. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Holy hell! That is op

11. Primetime

Primetime Member

I was wondering how your LA Hector was doing and what build you are using. I don't have wrath to inherit and am using:

Ignis
    Distant Counter
    Wary Fighter
    Fortify Armor
    Quickened Pulse

I like it but am thinking of changing it up.

12. Locky

Ditch wary for vengeful fighter or quick riposte (which is much easier to find)

13. Primetime

Primetime Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

I could easily use Quick Riposte B slot.

I am interested in trying the suggested build of Vantage 3 B slot and Quick Riposte seal combination when the seal becomes available too.

14. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Dc Vantage is a combo I swear by ;) go for it
    7798842D-D114-435D-BE7E-4D6136B90406.png