1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

LA Hector Help - 20k Feathers?

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by Primetime, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Primetime

Primetime Member

Hello community. Thanks for your help :)

My main team is an enemy phase armor squad: Effie, Zephiel, Zelgius, and LA Hector. Ideally I would put Vengeful Fighter on Hector, but I don't have and I will be skipping any near future armor banners to save orbs. Also DC DD seal is on Zelgius.

There is a possibility I will be putting a 20k feather investment in his B Slot, so I want to make a good decision. He is -Def/+Res with 37 def, 27 res. I also run Ignis on him.

My struggle is with his b slot and seal combo.

Here are the options I am debating:

1. Guard3/QR3 (Seems Good)
    2. Vantage/QR3 (Classic)
    3. QR3/Fortress Res (Boost Tankiness)
    4. QR3/Def+3 (Ignis Focus)

Any advice is much appreciated, especially since QR3/Guard3 B Slot will cost me.

If it helps, I run two wards and two fortifies. He carries a ward, so he has potential to pick up +10 def/+10 res from buffs.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

I'd pick the classic option. I disagree with using fortress res since you do want to make use of his great atk stat. Def+3 is objectively meh, not when close def/distant def exists.

3. Primetime

Primetime Member

Thanks for input. One advantage I see to classic is the hp threshold of Vantage and Wrath are the same, so they'll work together once he drops out of QR range. Vantage 3 is also a 4* skill, so there is that too.

4. xchan

xchan Active Member

Wait what? When was DC released?

Joking aside, if you have no one who'd use QR better (someone with Bold Fighter for example), I would recommend the Aether + Guard 3 + QR3 combo. Guard is one of the most underrated skills and with the increase of sources that reduce the cooldown for specials (slaying weapons, new fighter skills, A breath skills, A Blade skills, etc), having one of your tanks help delay specials might be worth a thought.

I'm unsure if LA Hector is the best candidate though, as his Wrath skill won't be active that much. He seems to prefer the Vantage + Wrath combo, so maybe anyone else could run the Guard/QR3.

5. Primetime

Primetime Member

Ah thank you for correction and input. DD seal!