1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Hero Merit Farming GHB/BHB

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Locky, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

With 0 stamina, and Hero merit rewards unchanged regardless of completion, its time to make use of this new feature to make feathersss.

Once the next Tempest has ended, there will be 239 units in the hero dex, with 1,195,000 hero merit feathers available. A player can promote up to 59 units from 4 to 5★effectively for free...assuming you managed to fill up your pokedex hero catalogue.

• lunatic/infernal, 5hm per clear: 1k clears = 5k hm
    • hard, 2.25hm per clear: 2223 clears = 5k hm (don't bother)

There are two ways about this : Bring 4 somewhat competent units to clear, or utilize one single unit to solo while you bring 3 other random losers. Do ensure everyone is lvl 40 for max HM or your gains wouldn't be as above.

To streamline the process, the latter method is better, even if that soloer is going to max HM much earlier and you will only gain HM for the other 3.

Example method (Navarre lunatic solo can be done with free BK or Vike so barrier to entry isn't high) : https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...tamina_autobattle_lunatic_navarre_hm_farming/

List of Soloers who can carry 3 random losers in Lunatic:

Navarre lunatic: Black Knight.
    if +2, then the skill is alondite, black luna, steady stance 3 (B), QR3 (Seal)
    if +0, then the skill is alondite, black luna, QR2 (B), speed seal (seal)
    if +0, then the skill is alondite, black luna, vantage 1 (B), distant def 3 (seal)

RobinF (hard only) :
    Fjorm - base kit and close def 3 seal
    Vike - base kit and quick riposte 3 seal

Ursula lunatic :
    Slot 1: A Physic Healer, Slot 4: Vike (QR2 + Distant Def Seal)
    specific positions needed to autobattle.

Clarisse lunatic :
    Slot 3: Vike with base kit and QR3 seal.
    Note : try not to use red units with low res or the blue mage may not move towards Vike.

Lloyd lunatic :
    LA Hector: Give him Ignis, Vantage and DD3 seal. Put him in the 2nd slot.
    Version 2 : Noontime/Vantage/QR3 seal. Also 2nd slot.
    Version 3 : Ignis/Vantage/Armored Boots. 1st slot. (does not work for -def and -spd LA Hector).
    Version 4 : Ignis, Vantage and an Atk +1 Seal. He's in Slot 2.

Michalis lunatic:
    Slot 1 : Vike with base kit and QR3 seal
    Slot 4 : LA Eliwood only need to inherit QR2. Armored boots seal equipped.

Xander lunatic:
    Slot 1 : Vike with base kit and QR3 seal
    Slot 2 : Unit with Hone spd 1 (seal or C slot)
    Slot 3 : Arden with base kit

Slot 1: any armor unit with Hone Armor, Drive def 2 seal
    Slot 2: Black Knight merge+1, Attack+3 in A slot, Vantage in B slot
    Slot 3: any unit with healing assist skills

Zephiel lunatic:
    Slot 2 : Narcian with base kit and Def Tactic 3 seal (3* and 4* works. Do not use 5* Narcian)
    Slot 3 : Vike with base kit and QR3 seal
    specific positions needed to autobattle. Take note to choose 2 flunkies of different movement types so Def tactic triggers.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Pookkachan, Blackno2 and syuri like this.
  2. syuri

syuri Member

sweet...

1k vs 2223 clear is very big.. sigh.. i need to move on to lunatic..

my team can farm while im doing something else.. khukhukhukhuku... :cool:

for that BK for solo navarre lunatic, in case anyone wondering (and to remind myself) :
    if +2, then the skill is alondite, black luna, steady stance 3 (B), QR3 (Seal)
    if +0, then the skill is alondite, black luna, QR2 (B), speed seal (seal)
    if +0, then the skill is alondite, black luna, vantage 1 (B), distant def 3 (seal)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. xchan

xchan Active Member

Thanks Locky and Syuri!

I'm currently farming on hard, because my team can't autobattle lunatic. I'm not sure how to feel about using BK and V!Ike for this. They will get to 5k too fast and then it's a wasted slot. Not to mention those are units I plan to use in other content, so the waste will be bigger.

I read that ATiki can solo it too with SB/Aether, so there's a third option. However, do you think it would be possible to use x number of units instead of soloists? Could we come up with such a solution? Something like:
    - Spot 1: Red melee unit with DC, 30 spd, 30 atk and 28 res.
    - Spot 2: Blue melee unit with X stats
    - Spot 3: Free
    - Spot 4: Healer with no weapon and recovery.

Or that would be too much?

4. Locky

To quote myself, its just more time-efficient to solo and carry 3 units than to keep switching up a team of 4. The soloer just repeats the same thing over and over, while the 3 units can be freely rotated around to do nothing, so there is minimal setup to get started. If you want to make teams of 4, that is all up to you and I personally wouldn't do that.

5. xchan

xchan Active Member

Noted. I just feel dirty having weaponless units around. But maybe I will come around.

Any solo runs for Robin and Legion? What is required?

6. Locky

RobinF can be soloed by Fjorm with Close def 3 seal, or Vanguard Ike with Quick riposte 3 seal.

Solo Legion with all those reinforcements? I'm not such a masochistic expert on fire emblem to try.

7. xchan

xchan Active Member

Any other units, even if not free? Is there an archtype ala unit with ranged counter with x res and y def?

8. Locky

I didn't really saw the need to work out an archetype, for reasons mentioned above. My Michalis also works, but I'm pretty sure not everyone has fed a hector to him.

9. xchan

xchan Active Member

Well, I guess I will look around.

10. Locky

Over discord, people have reported success with Xmas Tharja, Atiki and Nowi with steady breath and aether, as well as Ayra with distant counter. Again, not everyone may have those units ready. No matter how you look at it, your solo unit must have a way of enemy phase killing at both range 1 and 2.

11. xchan

xchan Active Member

Thanks for updating the thread.

Clarisse ghb was doable on lunatic with my current farming team of Niles, Lyon, Shiro and Mist, so I will eploit that one today.

Yesterday it was not that good. Legion can be cleared in 1 turn with very specific units, so theres that, but Robin lacks a lunatic mode to abuse. I guess Wednesdays will be for other stuff. I will keep looking.

12. Locky

Got Vike to solo clarisse autobattle with no healer and more efficient than the slot 1 method, so you have more wriggle room on which 3 units to bring for HM farm. limitation on low res reds still stand.

Update : I have nothing for Berkut. RIP

Lloyd Lunatic Auto :
    LA Hector: Give him Ignis, Vantage and DD3 seal. Put him in the second slot.
    Version 2 : Noontime/Vantage/QR3 seal. Also 2nd slot.
    Version 3 : Ignis/Vantage/Armored Boots. 1st slot. (does not work for -def LA Hector).

Note : Normal Hector can try Version 1 if he refined for Berserk Armads. Normal Armads cannot cut it because the -1CD is important.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  13. xchan

xchan Active Member