1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Help/advices in building teams for lunatic levels or best I can do

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Imy, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Imy

Imy New Member

Hi there! I hope I don’t bother with this thread but I would really really appreciate some help because no matter how hard I’ve tried I haven’t been able to build good teams that can beat lunatic levels.

I don’t know if to be able to beat lunatic (+40) levels is needed to have each unit at 40+10 as my units get DESTROYED in lunatic mode even having type/weapon advantage. I am free to play and the units I’ve managed to get by summoning doesn’t repeat in most cases more than 3 times so the most I can level up some units is 40+3.

I leave here my teams, my units and the builds of some characters I use more (the ones I haven't put are because aren't lvl40 yet).
    FEHMyTeams.jpg
    FEHMyUnits.jpg
    View attachment 913

The Genny-Lucina-FallenCelica-Ike is my best team atm.
    If there is no way of beating lunatic with what I have, I’d appreciate also advices about the best I can do with the units I have.

Thanks beforehand :)

PS: I hope I created properly the thread and I haven't messed anything up, sorry if I have >_<

2. Imy

Imy New Member

I can't post the last image because this says it's spam ;v;?? I try to put it here
    FEHMyBuild.jpg

3. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

1. You posted too fast, so you triggered our spambot.
    2. You do not require 5*+10 units to clear lunatic or Infernal. Click here for example of winning infernal stage with two 4* units in tow. F2P players can clear all content as long as you are sufficiently skilled. Merges are not required except for climbing up arena tiers.
    3. Overall, you do have a good bunch of units. Good units you can utilize are :

Red : Celica, Vanguard Ike, Exalt Chrom, Tharja. (normal Chrom requires a lot of skill inheritance to excel).
    Blue : Fjorm, Brave Lucina, Azura, Effie, Nowi, Lute
    Green: Hector, Winter Chrom, Brave Ike, Dorcas, Fallen Robin, Spring Sharena
    Colorless : Brave Lyn, Olivia, Halloween Sakura

Notably, you lack good mages, having only 1 per color. The team you listed (genny and co) is not your best team due to lack of reliable source of magic damage outside of Genny, who is probably busy healing as well. It is entirely possible to play without a healer.

Notable 4* units worth promoting are : Reinhardt, Soleil, Lukas, Raven. Cherche requires a lot of investment to work, but do look out for +atk IV. I would also like to ask where are all your GHB units. Some of them, such as Xander, Camus, Michalis and Arvis are really good.

4. Imy

Imy New Member

Thanks for the reply :). I'm sorry, I didn't know that by publishing so fast I'd trigger that >_<

Oh... then the problem is that I'm not skilled I fear XD. I was wondering that because as told, some of my units in lunatic, having the weapon advantage would be one-shot killed and I was wondering it that was normal :c.

About the units you listed me:

Isn't fallen-Celica a good red unit?
    What would normal Chrom need to be a proper unit then?
    I've tried to use Azura but I feel she can't endure much. Maybe as a support dancer may work but for me as an attacking one was hard because she wouldn't cause much damage but she would die quick (same happened with Olivia).
    Is spring Sharena a good unit to count with? Should I level her up and cosider her for a team?
    I'll take note and try to improve those units more and promote some of the others when I have enough feathers.

Is it recommendable to have at least one mage in a team? I tend to use healers a lot as you said because they help units to last more.

When I said 'best team' I meant that it was the one that worked better for me between all the ones I have. I've managed to clear a few lunatic stages with them (the first and easiest ones) and in the arena they work pretty well for me and I'm comfortable with them.

My GHB units... well... I can barely beat those stages ;v;... That's other of my probs... There are many missions and levels that I don't manage to beat, less those where you automatically loose when a unit dies :'C

5. Locky

1. Its normal if you don't plan ahead and utilize buffs. Player skill issue here.
    2. She is a good unit.
    3. Chrom would like to have his falchion refined, and a change in the rest of his skills (A, B and C slot). You already have Exalt Chrom, so it may not be worth the effort.
    4. Dancers have lower stats versus a unit in the same movement type e.g. Infantry. They are meant to dance and support, and avoid combat as much as possible. Dancers are not meant to be attackers.
    5. Spring Sharena is a good unit. Do raise her up. Another good green mage is Nino, missed out on mentioning her in previous post. Those two have roughly the same stat distribution, just Sharena has additional resistance and hp.
    6. Good idea to have one mage in the team. Healers are optional if you can kill and plan your moves well, if you noticed, the video I posted did not utilize any healers to clear.

Would be good to say how much you know about skill inheritance, and unit skills to know where you're at. Which tier are you at in arena, and do you manage to have a winning streak with zero deaths?

I do have a list of guides in my signature below, you can take a look.

6. Imy

Imy New Member

1) I try to play ahead and consider many things, try to ‘trick’ the AI and such, but I don’t know every every skill by heart and sometimes I get surprised by skills or things that I don’t expect. I really really like the game but I play kinda casual many times, in lil whiles I have.

2) Ok, I kinda liked her but her damage to herself is kinda problematic sometimes

3) I have enough to refine his Falchion, but I didn’t know if using the materials on him. I’ll follow that advice and use Exalt Chrom in his place then.

4) I see. So no fights for them. I tried to use them also as attacking unit :/. In that case, which unit would be better to support, Olivia or the Performer Olivia? Performer Olivia gives more buffs tho she has little defense.

5) I’ll use her then

6) I’ll have to learn to go with a team without healer. I’ve got used to having them and depending on them. I’ve been seeing more vids related to the one you sent me and they surprised me a lot. I really thought you had to go 5* 40+10

What do you mean with ‘skill inheritance’? If you mean giving other different skills to units that wouldn’t naturally have it, I use it a lot.
    I have been some days without going into the arena, rn I’m Imperial General. I get the winning streak without dying in easy or normal sometimes, in hard I get more difficult times.

7. Locky

- There are ways to deal with damage recoil, e.g. have renewal in B slot.
    - Performer Olivia is slightly better at support, but you will see normal Olivia in many videos because she's really common and easy to get. The difference overall is minor.
    - Imperial General is tier 14, that's not particularly high. Usually I'd suggest Tier 18 to collect 4 orbs per week (that is the maximum). At a certain point, you'll have to be doing nothing but advanced matches without any deaths (where the opponent is always stronger than you) to score well enough. Looks like you have much work to do.

8. 4dbest

4dbest Member

Build your Blyn give her Brave Bow+ from klein then Summoner support on her and give her deathblow she will kill anyone if there is a unit she cant kill wait for the special. PVE shes the best forget about infantry use horses not only will the games be fast and save time which is more valuable. Another unit you need is Reinhardt hes the best anyone weak on resistance cant survive against him. Add 2 dancers or add another similar to these two will make lunatic a breeze. Having more than 3 at least any either of them is useful in cc. If one dies then you have another one to replace and finish lunatic faster.

9. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

*Strong hit & run mix

Reindhart w/ reposition
    Bowlyn w/ reposition
    2 dancers of your choice (your pa!olivia and olivia are good)

*strong armored squad
    -Effie (try finding distant counter fodder somwhere)
    -Fallen m robin
    -Strongly suggest you to purchase starter pack that comes with black knight (very strong armored with distant counter and crazy special)
    -hector equiped with wary fighter (hope you can find one) and add quick riposte seal so that enemy can only hit u once but you counter twice

10. Imy

Imy New Member

Thanks, I'm working on improving BLyn :D!! I was afraid of using horses because of the weapons effective against them. Against infantry there is only one (that I recall atm) and there are more effective against horses >.< (same goes with flies, but worst since all archers vanish them I haven't used a single flier ever ;v;)
    I have one Reinhart but he's 4*, don't know if he will work properly like that >.<. I'm starting to use dancers more now as I've been seeing they are muuuch more important of what I thought O_O

11. Imy

Imy New Member

I’ll get a proper Reinhart since it seems he’s really good, and my BLyn is on the way of improvement too :). It seems it's a veeery good idea to get em! Reposition is an interesting skill to consider too :eek:

I have MGrima and Effie, but it’s really hard to find distant counter for her, I’ve meaning to get one to pass a lot of time, but no succeed yet and about the starter pack, I’d rather remain f2p :(

12. Imy

Imy New Member

I'll try to see if I can get there because lately I'm pretty busy

13. Locky

1. Horses and fliers are really good for pve, they would be even more rampant without effective weapon checking them. Effective weapon doesn't bother me as long as I kill them before they get to touch me.
    2. Reinhardt absolutely needs to be 5* to unlock Dire Thunder.
    3. "reposition is interesting skill?" It's the de facto most commonly inherited assist! What skills have you been inheriting all this time?