1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Grand Hero Battle: Blue Crow, Ursula

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Syntax, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Syntax

Syntax Member

Friend ID:
    [​IMG]
    Video of me trying out a 4* run.
    Second video, with better results but still a loss.

I have another idea on how to make this particular team work, I'll upload another video as my stamina becomes available for another run.

Important things to note is that both ninjas deal bonus damage to infantry units, Ursula deals bonus damage to cavalry, and the sword-cavalry unit has the "block" ability, so units cannot pass by him, as you can see I suffered to that skill in the video.

I believe that you can beat this stage comprised entirely of a team with free units-- those units being Lissa, Oliva, Robin (F), and Celicia (instead of Robin(M)) in that order. First unit is at the top-left, 2nd unit below 1st, 3rd unit below 2nd, and 4th unit to the right of the 2nd unit.

Team breakdown is that you use Cecilia (or in my case Robin(M)) to aggro all of the ninja attacks to wound the first one and kill the second one. Lissa has the skill Imbue equipped to fully heal Robin(M) after aggro, and Olivia would dance to have Lissa Imbue him right away.

Robin (F) as you can all see, moves to a spot where Ursula kills herself on her the first turn.

After that I think where I went wrong in the video is that I did not take the opportunity to kill the armored unit with Robin (F) and flee with sing, but instead sung on Lissa to fully heal Robin(M) instead, even though he could've taken a hit from the cavalry unit anyway. That said, if it was a Celicia, she would've died to this course of action.

As for Ursula herself as a unit, she seems like she could be pretty good! Outclassed by the most recent blue-tome cavalry sure, but if her 5* stats are good, she has respectable damage potential with threaten RES and death blow skills, not even considering her bonus damage to cavalry units. Certainly a unit worth picking up this time around, but her worth remains to be seen in her 5* form.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Locky likes this.
  2. Spoony Bard

Spoony Bard Member

Im working on this aswel. I think the key as you said is making sure Ursula suicides herself on turn 1.

I noticed if Ursula is left critically injured on turn 1 the knight will wings of mercy over and another unit will reciprocal aid heal her which greatly weakens that unit.

Gonna experiment with using my own knight to keep ninjas busy as they shouldn't take bonus damage from the knives.

3. Syntax

Syntax Member

Friend ID:
    I uploaded a second video which got me very close to winning, but didn't quite cut it.

To me, I think the largest obstacle in this challenge are the two ninjas. The majority of units that people have available are infantry and the way the stage is made essentially forces you into a ranged battle against them.

I think the best unit that would win this stage rather easily would be a Hector, but most people, myself included, don't have him.

So I think the solution is going to be in a unit that can fight without taking the bonus damage from the ninjas but still killing them in return. Armored units I don't believe will cut it, unless it's a Hector. Although if we to consider the armor unit choice, Draug and Sheena are the ones to turn attention to as the non-5 star choices, against the green armored unit. Although I have not experimented down the armored unit path.

The only other ranged non-infantry choice would be the cavalry mages. Cecilia seems like a prime choice here but if the pattern in my videos is followed then she would die against the red cavalry unit rather easily. If she was brought to safety otherwise, then Olivia/Azura would die instead. I don't have many other options in this area which is why I explored using a healer, but there is another unit to consider that everyone has.

I've been thinking about upgrading my 3* Ursula to a 4* one to tackle this stage, substituting my Robin(M). I have no idea if she is able to deal as much damage as Robin or if her stats are up to par, but I think this is a option worth exploring if I can muster wasting 2K feathers on the 3* Ursula.

Yeah. Maybe Wrys would be good with his special? He is the only healer able to heal the entire party in a single turn, and spending 2K feathers on a unit I don't have as a 4* (or even a 3*) is less painful than upgrading a 3* Ursula to gain the 4* Ursula.

4. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

i just beat it and i have to say all you need is hector and a healer lol(and a teleport sword unit is really good to have)

Pezmerga likes this.
  5. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

I have Marth and he could do the tanking, then teleport to whichever unit u keep at the back to stay safe after his hp drops low enough. by then u should be moping up with ranged units hopefully.

6. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

So it would behoove me to train up Sheena, then. Gotcha

7. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

I'm having issues on this one.. Effie just doesn't tank it well enough and the Green Axe unit wipes the floor with her. I have no Hector. I don't have Robin (F) leveled yet, she's still at 3*.

Draug could tank the rest of this stage for me if I could get Ursula down in the first round. So far my best chance for that is Julia.. and she just doesn't have enough attack power to cut it and is very vulnerable afterward.

I don't seem to have the right units leveled for this. I'm weighing the cost of how much stamina I've wasted (and likely will still waste) on it and just deciding weather I'm ok with leaving it be and biting the extra feather cost to get Ursula from 3* to 4*.

8. Locky

Spoony Bard likes this.
  9. Syntax

Syntax Member

Friend ID:
    It's nice to see that I was nearly on point with my team suggestion of Lissa, Oliva, Robin(F) earlier. The only one I was missing was Subaki. I guess I'll take a peek at his skillset.

Locky likes this.
  10. Locky

I suspect the reason why Subaki works is because he has 30+ def, and is neither infantry nor cavalry, so nothing has bonus dmg against him even tho they all double atk him. He seems to be the only flier to fit the condition (Camilla is axe, which is weak vs that sword unit), and armored units are slow.

11. Locky

I have 4* Cecilia, and she lacks the def to hold the fort and tank the ninjas for too long. I am considering trying out your idea, but with my +hp Camilla. didnt train RobinF so looking to see if a +atk Nino can nail Ursula (which would be quite fitting).

12. Locky

13. Spoony Bard

Spoony Bard Member

Thanks mystery jp player. I just sunk 10 stamina potions into training Subaki and Robin (f)

The training also finished a few quests which was nice. 20170311_103556.png

14. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

I completed this with: Olivia, Robin (M), Eirika and Camilla after great effort.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  15. Spoony Bard

Spoony Bard Member

Camilla is so versatile. Wish id pulled her

Cloudedstrife likes this.
  16. Spoony Bard

Spoony Bard Member

Oh and congrats :D

17. Pezmerga

Pezmerga Member

I just relied on good old Hector.

Hector, Azura, Elise, and Robin (M)

18. Omuno

Omuno Member

Friend ID:
    I copy the setup from the Japanese guy, I used Effie instead of Tsubaki though, and its easier since i used all 4 star units, and effie cleans up the ninja much faster, Lissa is also using Rehabilitate instead of Reconcile, i stumped at this for a long time since my Hector can't even tank the Red Sword, lol :D.

19. Spoony Bard

Spoony Bard Member

My Effie couldnt survive the ninjas. Also the axe knight kept wings of mercying over and crushing her. Slower but safer with the legendary Subaki. What Def did your Effie have?

20. Omuno

Omuno Member

Friend ID:
    The Axe Knight need to Die first i used F Robin to kill the Axe Knight, so the FRobin need to be able to kill it fast.

I used Effie, Olivia, FRobin, and Lissa. Lissa and Rehabilitate is key here, as long as Effie didn't get one shot, Lissa use Rehabilitate once on Effie then dance to get out. FRobin have to kill the knight before the Cavalry is low enough to wings of mercy the knight. so if i remember correctly the knight Died at turn 3.

Its easier to tank with Subaki Honestly, since Subaki have lower ATK than Effie, so there is more room for mistake.

Here is my Effie :
    [​IMG]

Effire didn't Attack the Cavalry even though she can because of deathblow, and because the Cavalry will be at low health before the Knight then