1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Genny def/res penetration build

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by Mukimpo, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

so I found this oldie post on reddit (i think the build was done by lu bu https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7jmict/genny_and_the_savage_vantage_the_strongest_build/?usqp=mq331AQECAEoAQ==&amp_js_v=0.1 ) my mind goes to overdrive, so basically she deals 2 space 24 splash damage after engagement (attack or being attacked) .

So i tried the same build (don’t want to invest close counter yet so i went with defiant atk to sync with her miracle special, might think brazen skill later, and martyr sync well with her high atk).

She is able to handle serious battles with presence of dancer(s), and the awesome part is that it ignores any form of def and res

FD309A28-BC66-4DA0-AC5A-C4EA11CD534C.jpeg
    My version
    7067267D-D935-40A0-A691-56226C1FE539.png
    154A6302-DC82-4D6D-9F3C-5655B79C5DC6.jpeg

And a video on her wrecking lunatic ch10-5 (accompanied by 3 dancers)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Rubi

Rubi Moderator Staff Member

Pretty old set. People have been using this since forever, but then weapon refinements came and Pain+ became available which made this set way more dangerous.

CC and Vantage are just memes. With Genny's awful speed and weak defenses, you won't have a chance to lower her HP to <75% without dying in one round. Her Atk is also not high enough (despite being the highest Atk staff unit) to one shot enemy units even if you get vantage to activate. Moreover, you're missing out on the opportunity to use the Wrazzle Dazzle set, which means your enemy's counterattacks will likely kill her. E.g. You can't attack into Hector because he will survive and counterattack with DC and destroy Genny. This can get worse: Genny could lower the enemies' HP without killing them (because splash damage is non-lethal) and drop them into Vantage range, so you can't even initiate into them next turn.

In Genny's case, she already comes with Wrathful Staff. You should've stuck with that and went for the Dazzling refine on her Pain+ instead.

Here's a better Pain+ build, on Priscilla:
    [​IMG]

Atk/Spd Bond is a premium skill so I don't expect you to have that. Replace it with Spd+3 or Atk+3, not the Defiant skills.

Also, be cautious about the downsides of splash damage: If your enemies have Wings of Mercy, you'll be dropping their HP into range for them, causing a world of Pain+ for yourself.

Mukimpo likes this.
  3. 4dbest

4dbest Member

Lu Bu Brain Damage he spent most feathers and investments on his healers creating the six paths of pain+. I would fodder pain + but genny is not on a horse and I would prefer a fully kit +10 healer before foddering pain. So my free genny the only healer 5* in my barracks is just as happy with Gravity +. After shes useful only in AA and I can support her with other stuffs.

Mukimpo likes this.
  4. 4dbest

4dbest Member

Pain + Gravity + comes with no counter attack so dc units are not gonna do anything.Ive learned this the hard way after thinking dc will kill priscilla but damage the whole team and game over.

5. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

@Rubi What intrigued me with lubu’s combination of vantage-miracle and over dazzling staff effect

The usage is like the following:
    1. Get genny active early preferably with dancers to drain enemy hp (it takes only 2 turns to inflict 48 hp splash damage) with any luck you will get her to vantage range with enemy counter attacks, miracle is here to increase probablity to achieve this

2. Then when enemy attacks in next round, that’s when vantage procs and deal the finishing blows

Her weakness from the look of it is powerful physical DC retaliations which kills her on counter attack so that is something to avoid with this build

Wrazzle dazzle build sounds exciting as well, oh well i sunk too much feathers for this build so perhaps will do this for another healer in he future :)

6. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

Update, after taking everyone’s input I am officially running wrazzle dazzle genny, was struggling between atk+3 vs def fortress 3 (+5 def -3atk) but for her use i end up with def fortress, at least can withstand shurikens and arrows reliably.

33354837-B61C-4536-82F4-E009B5F2D6D9.jpeg

7. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

By the way from ur avatar i can see u re heavenstrikerivals survivor :)