1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flier Team Building

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Primetime, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Primetime

Primetime Member

Hello all. I have been obsessed with armor units, but after deciding to give into the legendary banner, I'm happy I have. I am now departing into new territory with fliers, and I was just looking for a few pointers.

Current Units:

1. Robin Fell Vessell +1 (+ATK/-HP) - lvl 1
    2. Nowi Eternal Witch (+ATK/-RES) - lvl 1
    3. Michalis 4* - lvl 1
    4. Catria 5* (+ATK/-DEF) - lvl 40

Currently Catria is my only built flier. She was one of my starter units on this account. She has Firesweep Lance (4* Version) and LND 3. I'd like to change her base to a +SPD if I pull one and eventually upgrade her lance to Firesweep Lance +

My main question is how to use c skills. Nowi has her hone fliers, and I have several Pallas I can pull Goad Fliers from; however, I have no defensive flier specific buffs in my barracks. I was thinking maybe a Fortify Defense, a Fortify Res, and a Good Fliers? I'm not sure.

Any feedback on this would be great. I'd love to hear any other comments too on build options if anyone is willing. I'll be leveling all of the units up to 40 this weekend for sure. No feathers for Michalis at the moment, so he'll have to wait. I'm very excited to try a new emblem team and compare them to armors. I have seen a lot of flier lovers on this forum, so I'm excited. Maybe I will be one too!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

Hey buddy you can run mixed flier-armor team h!nowi with grimoire and guidance seal as the center piece

Fell vessel robin is really good as enemy-phase unit, in my case i used vantage to exploit her high atk

Negiy0 likes this.
  3. Negiy0

Negiy0 Member

Friend ID:
    Neat Squad! You have some options...

Okay C Skills:
    -Unless you are running a blade tome on Nowi I would run Goad Fliers on everyone

-Fliers are offensive by nature so I wouldn't use Ward Fliers unless you're focusing on making Michalis ridiculously bulky in which case I'd probably run all Ward to pump him up as much as possible

-I highly suggest saving up and throwing Rauorblade on Nowi, Tharja is one of the units with this tome

-If you do go with a blade tome build for Nowi I would throw Fortify and Hone Fliers on 2 of Nowis team mates. You will use these two to buff Nowi at the start of the turn and Nowi will hit extremely hard...it is kind of a cookie cutter set up for buffing and any blade tomb mages

-The last two C skills are your choice but I still highly suggest goad fliers and remember multiple fortifys or hones do NOT stack!

Good Luck!!

4. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

low key disappointed you didn't reserve feathers for michalis

Otherwise, team looks fine. I will say Hone flier + goad stacking is fine, and u can simply arrange for someone to carry fort def seal, and a 2nd to carry fort res seal. Its kinda hard to make Nowi run bladetome if she's the only source of hone fliers since she wants to benefit from it. Would be easier to comment on the rest of the planned builds if you post them here.

Negiy0 likes this.
  5. Primetime

Primetime Member

Ha. Zephiel got the feathers :)

Some initial thoughts. Wasn't sure about the fortify seals. And best flier movement skills? I put repositition for everything.

Grima:

Expiration
    Reposition
    Bonfire
    Fury
    Vantage
    Goad Fliers
    DD3 Seal

Nowi:

Grimoire
    Reposition
    Glimmer
    Deathblow 3
    Swordbreaker
    Hone Fliers
    Atk +3 Seal

Michalis:

Hauteclere +Def
    Reposition
    Ignis
    Steady Stance
    QR 3
    Goad Fliers
    CD Seal

Catria

Firesweep Lance +
    Reposition
    Luna
    LND 3
    Hit and Run
    Goad Fliers
    Spd +3

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  6. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

reposition is best on fliers. If you wanted to add fortify seal, its probably catria since she needs it the least as the firesweep user.

7. Primetime

Primetime Member

Thanks. I might try speed seal on Nowi then and Fury/Desperation with Goad buffs.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018