1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

F2P Free Character Spotlight - Zephiel

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by Locky, May 26, 2017.

1. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

Zephiel - King of Melee Tanks

HP: 55
    ATK : 35
    SPD : 16 (worst speed ever, but who cares)
    DEF : 38
    RES : 24

Weapon: Eckesachs (Threaten def 2)
    Assist: :
    Special : Reprisal
    Skill A : Life and Death 3
    Skill B : Wary Fighter
    Skill C :

Pre-SI rating : 5/10
    Post-SI rating : 9/10

Skill Fodder rating: You don't fodder this man. Actually Wary fighter is a good skill to give to Sheena. Life and Death is only available at 5*, just like Hana, Minerva and Jaffar. I'm trying to be objective here, goddammit! But yes, he does have skills to be fed to others.

Skill Inheritance Comments : Distant Counter. Nuff said. Now what you have is an even tankier Hector, and his res is not shit! Life and Death is stupid on him. Having Hector to spare is the only entry barrier to making a monster Zephiel and everything else is affordable. Armor emblem has an arguably high barrier to entry with multiple Hectors, but Zephiel is sufficiently badass to stand on his own without them.

Big Red Hector (honestly, how else will you build the man?)

Weapon: Eckesachs
    Assist: : Pivot/Swap (Cherche/Marth/Subaki/Stahl)
    Special : Bonfire/Ignis (RobinM/TikiA/RobinF/Henry)
    Skill A : Distant Counter [Hector]
    Skill B : Wary Fighter
    Skill C : Threaten Atk (Hawkeye)/ (armor buff you prefer to carry)

4* vs 5* - He does okay at 4*, becomes phenomenal at 5*...if you have Distant Counter pls.

Why do you want Zephiel: This is the big King of Bern, bitches! He got the best damn critical hit animation in FE GBA history! Everyone in FE7 takes him seriously as a very dangerous adversary and address him properly, unlike Prince Michalis. You want the biggest, baddest king of armored tanks on your team, you got that armored emblem distant counter tank army rolling in and just...maybe you want to restore his faith in humanity.

Why do you not want Zephiel : You don't like Armored unit 1 Movement. You don't have distant counter to give him. You don't want him to treat you like an infant or berate you for IMPERTINENCE!

Negiy0 and tautet like this.
  2. Primetime

Primetime Member

I'm not sure if this will get viewed or not, but I thought I could add this on existing thread. Wondering what thoughts on this non-DC Zephiel build are:

[​IMG]

3. Locky

Those were done a really long time ago, I'm surprised anyone would respond by now. So the build is meant to be a dmg sponge like how Sigurd does it with Divine Tyrfing/crusader's ward?

Negiy0 likes this.
  4. Primetime

Primetime Member

That's the idea. I like him as a unit, but I don't have DC. So I have been thinking, "How can I make him usable on an armor emblem team without DC." Plus he has upside of being mergeable since re-run happened.

Negiy0 likes this.
  5. Primetime

Primetime Member

Update:

I switched A Slot to Warding Breath. He can absorb and retaliate. If he defends against melee, I believe Ignis will trigger because +1 breath charge. 4 (-> 2), QR (->1), Enemy (-> 0), QR (Ignis). He will also get +10 res and Deflect Magic in enemy phase against a magic attack.

That doesn't include armor buffs and ally support.

[​IMG]

6. Locky

He will absorb, but not retaliate with Warding breath vs ranged units. Do note : Breath gives you +2 charge as long as enemy initiates, so it will start at 4, reduce to 2 on enemy attack, reduce to 0 on his attack and be ready to trigger on QR 2nd hit.

7. Primetime

Primetime Member

Thanks Locky. I realized with enemy initiating with magic, his Ignis would be ready on his attack too. With low speed, he will get hit twice with magic and breath skill will charge it. With built in Threaten Defense on his weapon, Ignis should kill most things.

Do you think it's a viable build?

8. Locky

Build has its uses for sure. It will do for the lack of Distant counter.

9. Primetime

Primetime Member

A unit worthy of Effie's Ally Support.