1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Distance counter to WT Reinhard? (Dilemma)

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by Madliver, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Madliver

Madliver New Member

Friend ID:
    Good afternoon,

I was lucky enough to get two WT Reinhardts with 30 orbs... yay! The ivs aren’t great (I merged the -attack/+speed one into the +defence/-res one).

So, I kept pulling for a better iv one, and 100 orbs later, i decided I may as well try for Olwen too and I get a.... Hector! My 2nd ever Hector.

So I’m wondering whether to give my new Reinhardt distance counter?

My heart says yes, but before I do, I turn to you, the community, to find out what you’d do (mostly ‘cos -res just feels a bit odd for a distance counter iv)

I’m especially making sure I’m not missing a trick (like would you definitely give DC to Effie instead?). I have most units that commonly have a DC build.

Attached Files:

2. Rubi

Rubi Moderator Staff Member

DC Vantage is the most common build. He's not much different than regular brave sword units on the Player Phase, but he shines during the Enemy Phase.

Unless you want Effie for Arena score, or you desperately need a good blue lance unit, Rein is a better choice.

Madliver likes this.
  3. Madliver

Madliver New Member

Friend ID:
    Thank you Rubi. I have strong armour emblem (with bladetome armour Lyn), so I don’t ‘need’ a DC Effie - you’ve given me the confidence boost I needed to sacrifice Hector to Rein, and not look back.

Rubi likes this.
  4. Thorfinn

Thorfinn New Member

Slapped DC , Vantage and QR3 seal on my sword rein... and man he wrecks both player and enemy phase.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Mukimpo and Madliver like this.
  5. xchan

xchan Active Member

DC + Vantage + QR3 seal makes Reindhart a beast in enemy phase while still doing good damage on player phase. It's his best set up imho.

I'm pretty sure Warding Breath can't be used by cavalry units, so you might mean another skill (probably QR3 seal or DD3 seal).

6. Thorfinn

Thorfinn New Member

Yea my bad, was suppose to mean QR3 seal and not WB.. but i kept confusing him with Grima as im building them both at the same time..lol

7. Madliver

Madliver New Member

Friend ID:
    I took the plunge and I’m happy with the results so far. I’m further boosting Reind with summoner & ally support. He’s paired up with his blue tome-wielding self, but he may be better off with a green blade tome cavalry unit - to handle those blues.

8. Thorfinn

Thorfinn New Member

Like LA Lilina

Madliver likes this.
  9. Madliver

Madliver New Member

Friend ID:
    Yes, exactly like her. I pulled one a while back too. I just need the legendary hero cavalry Ephraim now to complete the team.m (with a dancer, or with my Elise).

Thorfinn likes this.
  10. Thorfinn

Thorfinn New Member

That's exactly my cavalry team right now.. bow lyn/elise depending on situations.

Madliver likes this.
  11. QuickBit

QuickBit Active Member

Friend ID:
    I did DC with my Reinhardt too. He’s got issues if you use him outside of Horse emblem (or heavy support), but he’s a ton of fun if you can get thing to work out.