1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

CYL Ike and Lucina

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by Epic Fail, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Epic Fail

Epic Fail Moderator Staff Member

Friend ID:
    I managed to get one of each. Please post some build ideas. I mention that I only have one of each, because I see many steady breath Lancinas but I am not willing to sacrifice Bike

2. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Well, for Ike my build is A Distant Counter and B Beorc's Blessing at the moment. People were telling me that Dc nullify' the axes ability but Ike is so strong, I'd rather hit back and possibly take out the enemy then take 2 hit's, even if it is reduced by a whopping 80%.
    I'm also contemplating if Beroc's blessing is even good... if I understand it correctly. It basically just negates horse emblem boosts? Could just go Dc vantage cuz he is a hard hitter..

Otherwise, like the others, his default set isn't bad. The only real deviations I've seen in arena is the distant counter.

I don't have Lucina yet, so not sure about her

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Member

Friend ID:
    I also have DC Bike and for B I chose to run Windsweep (neutral Bike). Vantage works fine, too.

4. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

I run vanilla build brave lyn ok horse emblem setup

And vanilla ike with luna maybe aether, i This allows him to tank once against high speed/brave enemies (due to urvan effect) charge up special for next turn and if with aether to replenish lost hp

5. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Yeah, vanilla Lyn is probably the best

6. Epic Fail

Epic Fail Moderator Staff Member

Friend ID:
    For BIke his kill count skyrockets with quick riposte as his B skill. If I give him Aether for his special, that might help keep him QR range. Keep his vanilla Steady breath to charge Aether faster, add the HP+ or distant defense seal and he might be done. (btw I do not have hector for DC... and if I do get one, I am adding it to Effie)

now how about Lancina?

7. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    I just keep seeing more and more good ideas for Ike. It's crazy

8. XRay

XRay Active Member

Friend ID:
    If you are not using him to tank Blade cavalry, I would give BH!Ike Ignis and Quick Riposte. I prefer to kill as many enemies as soon as possible in the first round of combat. It is generally safer in my opinion prioritize killing enemies than leaving them alive. I also do not think it is a good idea to cripple his first round of combat just so he can activate a Special later since there are many other factors to take into account like positioning, enemy Vantage, and enemy health (if you are planning to use Aether).

If Ike is primarily used to tank melee enemies, it does not make much sense to keep Aether since the enemies will be no where near full health when Aether activates.

I do not think Aether works too well on green mages either. Cecilia, Nino, Sonya, and Soren will not be able to bring his health to over 70% due to their high attack (most of them run Blades) and low HP, especially if they use Fury. Aether does not work on Julia since she cannot charge his Special in time due to her slowness; the same applies to SF!Camilla as well, unless she has both +Spd and Hone Flier buff.

That only leaves blue mages and colorless units as suitable candidates to use Aether on.

BH!Ike Neutral
    Urvan, Ignis
    Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
    Enemy Phase 82:7:79
    Enemy Phase [Aether] 53:7:108
    Enemy Phase [Aether, Quickened Pulse] 65:7:96

— — — — — — —

For Lucina, I would just give her Moonbow/Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl, Fury, and Lancebreaker/Wings of Mercy.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017