1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Unit Spotlight [Rubi]

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by deathspadeii, Oct 5, 2018.

Who is your favorite current singer/dancer?

1. Olivia

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. PA!Olivia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Inigo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Azura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. PA!Azura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. NY!Azura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ninian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bride Ninian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Lene

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  10. Silvia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. deathspadeii

deathspadeii Moderator+ Staff Member

Exceptional Dancer
    Rubi
    5* Exclusive Unit

Red Infantry Dragon Unit

A dancer who is the descendant of the dancing dragon Ninian. She uses her dancing abilities to rejuvenate the spirits of allies. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.

Stats at Max Lvl:
    HP: 42/45/49
    ATK: 40/43/46 (With Breath Equipped)
    SPD: 27/30/33
    DEF: 25/28/31
    RES: 26/29/32

Skills Obtainable at 5* Rarity:
    Ruby Breath+ (14 Mt, Rng 1. If unit has weapon triangle advantage, increases Atk by 20%, and if unit has disadvantage, decreases Atk by 20%.)
    Dance
    No Special Skill
    Def/Res Solo 3
    Brimstone Dance 2 (If Sing or Dance is used on a target Ally, grants Atk+3/Def+4 to that ally.)

"You look so tired...you must rest every now and then, okay? We don't know what'd happen if we lost you."

Yes, yes, and yes! Another dancing dragon has entered the realm of FE Heroes: It's Rubi!
    Let's go over everything, shall we?
    Rubi, from her base kit, looks EXTREMELY promising as a dancer. You could just give her Hone or Fortify Dragons and run her on a dragon team, or you could give her Infantry Pulse, because her high HP can help characters like Locky proc specials faster than usual.
    Ruby Breath is a nice new skill that gets added to the table, since most dancers use Triangle Adept to take out most specific enemies. Brimstone Dance is similar to Firestorm and Deluge Dance (Goodbye Rally Defense you will forever be missed), in which it buffs two vital stats. This can be perfect stat buffing on a character like Cloudedstrife, who has naturally high atk and def.
    Is she good out of the box? With Def/Res Solo, yes. She can tank most enemies with her high def and res, and Def/Res Solo is the icing on the cake. Be wary of speedy dragon killers though, like Marth.
    Is she good with Skill Inheritance? Dude, she's INSANE with skill inheritance! Lightning Breath, Dance, Aether, Steady Breath, QR3 and Infantry Pulse! Enough said! Or you can keep Ruby Breath on her and run Distant Counter. If you get a +res Rubi, you might be able to kill even Deirdre and Julia. Also, a +res Rubi has over 30 res. Feel free to run ploy skills.
    Is she good fodder? Def/Res Solo is perfect for tanky units like B!Hector and W!Chrom, and I guess Ruby Breath is good on any of the Tiki's.

Why You Would Want Rubi:
    WHY NOT?
    You've been praying for a good red dancer that isn't another crappy sword unit (I'll admit, YT!Olivia and Lene are pretty good, but Silvia? *chuckles*).
    That saucy special trigger animation tho.
    Ninian is your favorite character, and you want her daughter.
    That Ruby Breath would look nice on Tiki.
    That Def/Res Solo would be perfect for your +10 Winter Lissa.
    That Brimstone Dance would look nice on your Performing Shigure. (GUYS, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT HIM.)

Why You DON'T Want Rubi:
    Everyone uses her in Arena so now you hate her as much as Julius hates his sister.
    She doesn't appeal to you.
    4* +10 Olivia is doing you a great justice right now.
    Don't see a reason for getting her other than for fodder.
    Currently trying to get a different unit, so she'll have to pass.

Special Trigger Voice Lines:
    "This is my power!"
    "I'm not afraid of you!"
    "I will hurt you!"
    "For my friends!"

8 Normal Voice Lines:
    "*warm, soft laugh*"
    "We're in this together!"
    "I believe in you!"
    "My mother dances like no equal. I hope to become like her one day."
    "Ah! Please, don't startle me like that."
    "Do you think I've been of help to you as of late? I apologize if I haven't, and I'm thankful if I have."
    "Father...watch over me."
    "I don't ever want to see you hurt. This whole team would fall apart if we didn't have your tactics."

Defeated Voice Line:
    "But...why...?"

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  2. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

Your vote is missing some dancers, and probably some of the best: Micaiah, Ryoma, Elincia, Olivia (sky high).

Micaiah would win IMO.

Is Ruby Breath refineable with the adaptive damage vs ranged units effect and some extra stats?

3. deathspadeii

deathspadeii Moderator+ Staff Member

If you refine it, yes. Ruby Breath+ is the first weapon in the TAdept series to be refinable.