1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Player wants to "Get Good"

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by chainhomelow, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    Pls nerf.

2. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    [​IMG]

When you think he has Hone Calvary, not Goad...

3. chainhomelow

chainhomelow New Member

Friend ID:
    From reading I think I'm gonna give my 5* Nino Desperation 3 from Shanna.
    I don't have Hector, Ephram, or Xander so I'm not sure who else would benefit from QR2. Are there others? Or should I use him for Swap?

I merged Reinhardt and sent home Chrom. I was about to send home my new Vision but realized he's +Spd/-Res while my lvl 40 is -Spd/+Res and the former is preferable IVs? Is it worth training up the new guy or is Virion just not so great a character that it doesn't matter?

I actually feel bad about bothering you all with these specific questions but this is so helpful and I don't know shit. So while I'm here I'm trying to figure out what to do with my other Lvl 1s. This is what I'm thinking as I'm researching:
    WHAT TO DO WITH:
    • 4* Seliph - I'm thinking send home? Would Brash Assault be useful anywhere?
    • 4* Lukas - Literally have no idea what to do with this guy. Does anybody use sacred cowl or fortress def 2?
    • 4* Saizo - I've been giving poison strike to everyone because I thought it was badass but it might seem like harsh command is a better bet to give people. If this is true I'm trying to figure out who it would benefit most since it could theoretically benefit anyone. Or is Poison Strike 3 really a better bet here?
    • 4* Setsuna - Still don't know wtf Quadsuna is (4 merged Setsunas?) but anyway I've seen conflicting accounts for Bowbreaker 3 which seems to be the only good inheritable skill. Some say M!Robin, some say Tharja? Regardless it seems like a really situational skill so am curious if to even inherit it or send home.
    • 4* Nino - Kinda stuck on this one too. It seems to me like this one might be useful for Draw Back. But people seem to say it sucks because reposition is better. Or alternatively my Olivia can get it? Is anything else in Nino useful?
    • 4* Arthur - Swap or Lancebreaker 2? This one is rough because there are too MANY options.

Then all my 3* assholes I'll think about. I have a gut reaction to using feathers to increase a 3*-4* unit when I could be saving to make those 5* dudes but maybe this is just something I'll have to get over.

Thank you all so much, this is so incredibly helpful. This is exactly what I was hoping to learn joining up here. You all are marvelous.

4. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

1. From reading I think I'm gonna give my 5* Nino Desperation 3 from Shanna.

ANS : Yes, please do, it will help.

2. I don't have Hector, Ephram, or Xander so I'm not sure who else would benefit from QR2. Are there others? Or should I use him for Swap?

ANS : I did take Swap and QR2 initially on Michalis and it was literally the first thing i grabbed asides from Ignis (came from Henry). Hector already has QR2 built into Armads so please don't put a redundant QR2 in his B slot. Generally slow, tanky units can take swap and QR2 from subaki but there are cases where units with middling or above average speed also take it.

3. I merged Reinhardt and sent home Chrom. I was about to send home my new Vision but realized he's +Spd/-Res while my lvl 40 is -Spd/+Res and the former is preferable IVs? Is it worth training up the new guy or is Virion just not so great a character that it doesn't matter?

ANS : Virion has a unusual niche as the archer with the highest HP to effectively run panic ploy. His atk and spd is a little lower than your average archer among the boys like Jeorge, Takumi and Klein, and he has a terrible base kit to work with so few people use Virion because he needs pretty much a complete rehaul of his skills.

I actually feel bad about bothering you all with these specific questions but this is so helpful and I don't know shit. So while I'm here I'm trying to figure out what to do with my other Lvl 1s.

ANS : Don't be, we're here in a forum to exchange ideas and ask/answer questions.

This is what I'm thinking as I'm researching:
    WHAT TO DO WITH:
    • 4* Seliph - I'm thinking send home? Would Brash Assault be useful anywhere?
    - brash assault is a seal, and better as a seal paired off with a complementary B skill e.g desperation. Seliph has the option to upgrade Tyrfing to divine tyrfing but still feels like a poor man's Sigurd.
    • 4* Lukas - Literally have no idea what to do with this guy. Does anybody use sacred cowl or fortress def 2?
    - He's a good unit worth 5* as a really strong tank unit who should stay the fuck away from magic. He's an infantry Effie, so to speak. Sacred cowl is crap, and Seth has fortress def 3 at 4*.
    • 4* Saizo - I've been giving poison strike to everyone because I thought it was badass but it might seem like harsh command is a better bet to give people. If this is true I'm trying to figure out who it would benefit most since it could theoretically benefit anyone. Or is Poison Strike 3 really a better bet here?
    - Harsh command has yet to find a place in meta. Poison strike finds more utility than harsh command, but there are still stronger options than poison strike.
    • 4* Setsuna - Still don't know wtf Quadsuna is (4 merged Setsunas?) but anyway I've seen conflicting accounts for Bowbreaker 3 which seems to be the only good inheritable skill. Some say M!Robin, some say Tharja? Regardless it seems like a really situational skill so am curious if to even inherit it or send home.
    - Quadsuna is her brave bow build where she is the fastest archer in the game so she can score 4 hits with brave bow. Bowbreaker and assassin's bow are worth inheriting, the latter primarily at 5* because it can be refined to guard bow+, which has distant def (+6def/res when attacked by ranged) built into it. The main point of bowbreaker is to combat Brave Lyn, who is a very prevalent and strong archer. Any decent raventome user may consider taking bowbreaker just to boost their matchup vs her and ensure a clean KO to avoid wings of mercy ally flying in.
    • 4* Nino - Kinda stuck on this one too. It seems to me like this one might be useful for Draw Back. But people seem to say it sucks because reposition is better. Or alternatively my Olivia can get it? Is anything else in Nino useful?
    - Olivia should ALWAYS KEEP DANCE. Do not put any other assist on Olivia. Nino can be kept to merge with your current 5* nino in the scenario of better IVs, or as a long term goal to make a single 5*+10 unit, and she's a good choice among the 3*/4* to do so. If not, drawback aside, she is the only carrier of Gronnblade, which is a really good tome to inherit. (5* +10 has been done with very patient f2p players, and I have personally spent almost 200k feathers on a single unit myself so I can vouch that its entirely possible to have that max merge unit without any money).

Reposition is usually found on tank units, and drawback is better for mages/archers to stay at the back.
    • 4* Arthur - Swap or Lancebreaker 2? This one is rough because there are too MANY options.
    - just take both swap and lancebreaker 2.

Then all my 3* assholes I'll think about. I have a gut reaction to using feathers to increase a 3*-4* unit when I could be saving to make those 5* dudes but maybe this is just something I'll have to get over.

ANS : some 3* units are worth the journey to 5* and you may want to post your barracks for us to look into it. e.g. the guy in my profile pic comes at 3* and 4* but you may have seen around the forums the things I do with him.

5. XinYuanZhen

XinYuanZhen Member

Friend ID:
    Very flattering ( ゚д゚)
    I don’t know exactly what is going on in this thread. Checked it because I got quoted. I’ll give my opinion out soon on things to help.

6. XRay

XRay Active Member

Friend ID:
    0. It is pretty common to pull multiple copies of the same characters. I personally do not mind it since I need the skill fodder, and any units that I do not need can be sent home for Feathers.

1. The best nature depends on the build as well as the unit. Different builds of the same unit may want different natures.

• Mages (Blade): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]: -HP is fine, but -Def/Res is a tiny bit better so the unit can take either a physical or magical counter attack better. Most Blade mages want +Spd, but a handful of the fastest ones with access to Hone Cavalry and Hone Flier want +Atk; giving the the fastest units +Spd is not going to help them double more units.
    • Mages (Exclusive): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]: Most need Speed to double to increase their damage output. A few need +Atk to deal more damage since they have enough Speed, but not enough Attack.
    • Mages (Armor): [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res]: With Bold Fighter available, armor units should run that in their B slot so they can always make a follow up attack and activate stronger Specials. Since they can always make a follow up attack, Speed becomes almost irrelevant.
    • Archers (Brave Bow): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]: Brave Bow archers need +Atk to dish out more damage. +Spd also helps, but +Atk generally gives better results.
    • Archers (Exclusive): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]; archers should run Brave Bow for the best performance, but if you want to conserve Feathers, archers with exclusive bows can stick with their default weapon.
    • Archers (Slaying Bow): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]; archers should run Brave Bow for the best performance, but if you want to conserve Feathers, archers with Slaying Bows can stick with their default weapon. Slower archers should go for +Spd while faster ones should go for +Atk. For example, Leon is should go for +Spd and Speed Refinement.
    • Dagger Users (Poison Dagger/Kitty Paddle): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]: +Atk is better against bulkier targets that can counter attack, and +Spd is better against targets that cannot counter attack.
    • Melee (Slaying Weapon/Wo Dao): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]: Units with decent Attack and Speed should run this. Most prefer +Atk since you can get Speed from Weapon Refinement.
    • Melee (Firesweep): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]: Fliers run this best as they can pair it with Hit and Run to retreat better. +Spd is better to increase damage output through doubling.
    • Melee (Exclusive): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]: +Spd is better to increase damage output through doubling.
    • Melee (Brave Weapons): [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res]: This build is a little outdated but still usable. For Brave Weapons to do better than Refined Weapons, they need access to buffs. You generally want +Atk to increase your damage output and Breakers will help the unit double against some faster enemies. The fastest Brave users can run Desperation instead.
    • Melee (Slow) (Brave Weapons): [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res]: Units like Cherche, Chrom, and Lukas want to maximize their damage output in the first two hits since they are not likely to double without Breakers. Any bane works, but -Res is still the best since HP and Defense are needed for bulk and Speed helps them avoid being doubled by slightly faster units.
    • Melee (Armor) (Brave Weapons): [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res]: With Bold Fighter being available, Speed is almost irrelevant. All armor units can now attack four times with Brave Weapons, and Death Blow on their A slot allows them to take on merge+10 enemies without buffs. They still need Armor March support to get to the battle field in a timely manner. Bane does not matter, but you may still want to have neutral Speed to avoid being doubled.
    • Mages (Triangle Adept): [+Atk/Res, -HP/Spd/Def]: Some mages need +Atk to kill things. These are used to counter other mages, usually cavalry mages. -HP is not a big deal since they take little damage. Speed does not matter since they will be using Quick Riposte or a Breaker.
    • Mages (Raven): [+Atk/Def/Res, -HP/Spd/Res]: +Res is for tanking against and mages. Baning HP is not a big deal since they take little damage. Speed does not matter since they will be using Quick Riposte or a Breaker.
    • Archers (Guard Bow): [+Atk/Def, -Spd/Res]: Same as above
    • Dagger Users (Bowbreaker): [+Atk/Def, -Spd/Res]: Same as above.
    • Dragon (Triangle Adept): [+Atk/Def/Res, -HP/Spd]: +Atk helps them take on higher merges. +Def/Res gives them better bulk. -HP is not a big deal since they take little damage. Speed does not matter since they will be using Quick Riposte or a Breaker.
    • Dragon (General Purpose): [+Atk/Def/Res, -HP/Spd/Res]: General purpose Enemy Phase units need +Atk to deal the most damage. Speed does not matter too much since they will be using Quick Riposte or a Breaker. They already have decent bulk, so they may run -HP/Res depending on the unit.
    • Melee (Mage Counter) (Triangle Adept): [+Atk/Res, -HP/Spd/Def]: Some need +Atk to kill things. Baning HP is not a big deal since they take little damage. Speed does not matter since they will be using Quick Riposte or a Breaker.
    • Melee (Melee Counter) (Triangle Adept): [+Atk/Def, -HP/Spd/Res]: Same as above.
    • Melee (General Purpose): [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res]: General purpose Enemy Phase units need +Atk to deal the most damage. The only exception I can think of is Fjorm, who needs +Spd to get the most kills. Speed does not matter too much on slower units since they will be doubled anyways. They already have decent bulk, so they may run -HP/Def/Res depending on the unit.

Here are some ideas to make the units you pulled viable for Arena Assault:
    • The only practical build for Odin is a Raven set for Arena Assault. He would need [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Res, Blárraven, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Bowbreaker].
    • With so many better archers who can wield Brave Bow better than Virion, I would give Virion Guard Bow and use him as a BH!Lyn counter. Guard Bow is pretty expensive though so I would not attempt to build Virion until you have finished with your Arena offense team and have the resources to spare to work on Arena Assault. Virion would need [-Spd/Res, Guard Bow, Moonbow, Attack +3/Defense +3/Fury, Bowbreaker]. Just make sure Virion does not have -Atk/Def.
    • I usually keep one copy of a healer and send the rest home. I do not recommend promoting Lissa to 5*, but if you do, her Gravity+ is pretty good. You can also fodder her off for Renewal.
    • Shanna is okay, but there are a lot of lance fliers better than her. She can run [+Atk/Spd, Killer Lance, Iceberg, Attack+3, Swordbreaker] to allow her to function as a sword counter in Arena Assault.
    • Subaki's nature is fine with his default set. I would add in Glimmer and Attack +3 so he can handle sword units better in Arena Assault.
    • Chrom can run Brave Sword or be a Falchion medic. Brave Sword set requires [+Atk, Brave Sword, Luna/Bonfire, Death Blow, Swordbreaker/Axebreaker]. Falchion medic build requires [+HP/Spd, Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Aether/Moonbow, Life and Death/Fury, Renewal].

2. I either inherit directly from 3* units or I promote them to 4* for inheritance, depending on what skills they have.

3. You can either merge him or build a second Reinhardt for your Arena defense team. It does not really matter. I personally went with a triple Reinhardt defense team before I focused on merging my main Reinhardt.

I would not send home any units until you have over a thousand units. You generally want to keep as much fodder around as possible. Spending an Orb for 5 more slots in the Barracks is pretty cheap. Just think of each Orb spent as an insurance policy that protects an investment worth 20 to 25 Orbs.

BH!Ike can use Quick Riposte 2 if you have not given it to him yet.

I would not bother with Virion right now. I would just leave him be. Once you finished investing in your Arena offense team, you will start building less optimal characters like Virion for Arena Assault. I would not build Virion as a nuke since many other archers can do it better.

Here are my comments on your units.
    The 4* Seliph can be built as an axe counter for Arena Assault, although if you a lot of other axe counters or still have extras after you merge him to 4*+10, I would just send the extras home. If you build him as an axe counter, his nature should be something like [+Atk/Def, -Spd/Res] and give him [Glimmer, Attack +3, Axebreaker]. Brash Assault as a skill by itself sucks, so you can send him home if you need Feathers.

Lukas is one of the best slow Brave Lance users in the game. He should ideally have [+Atk/Def, -HP/Spd/Res] for his nature, and he should run [Brave Lance, Bonfire/Luna, Death Blow, Lancebreaker].

I would leave Saizo be or send the extra copies home. You can keep one with [+Atk/Def, -Spd/Res] to turn into a BH!Lyn counter later down the line. Harsh Command is useless; the AI does not know how to debuff properly and players rarely run debuffing builds on their Arena defense teams. Poison Strike is good with Jaffar or Firesweep Bow but that is about it.

Quadsuna refers to Setsuna [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res, Brave Bow, Ardent Sacrifice/Reposition, Luna, Life and Death, Desperation]. That is a really outdated build; it was okay back in the day when there were not many good archers around, but now she is just outclassed by many better archers. I used to use mine a lot until I got better archers, so now she is just there for Arena Assault. I would keep her around for Bowbreaker and Assassin's Bow. Bowbreaker is the most relevant skill since Raven mages need it to counter BH!Lyn, and you will need quite a few Raven mages for Arena Assault. Assassin's Bow can be refined into Guard Bow, but that is pretty expensive so most players do not attempt it until they have maxed out their Arena offense team and can start to devote all their resources towards Arena Assault. M!Robin is a good Raven mage. Tharja is best used as a Blade mage to nuke things on Player Phase; it is a huge waste of a Tharja to turn her into a Raven mage.

Draw Back is okay. Once you get into the habit of using Reposition, every other positioning Assist feels inadequate. Having Draw Back is better than nothing, so if you run out of Reposition fodder, you can use Draw Back instead. Olivia should keep her default Dance. Dance and Sing are the two best Assists in the entire game.

For Arthur, Lancebreaker 2 is a more valuable skill in my opinion. Arthur himself is great for Arena Assault since his default skill set is a great counter to lance units. Just give him Glimmer and Attack +3 and he is all set for Arena Assault.

Feathers are more plentiful once you hit higher tiers in Arena and Arena Assault, so I would not worry about saving them too much.

I think I covered everything. Just ask again or whatever if I missed something.

7. chainhomelow

chainhomelow New Member

Friend ID:
    Thank you guys! I have so much I want to address here.
    Shanna and Michalis and M!Robin have inherited stuff that isn't absolute stupidity! It feels like a huge accomplishment. I' came out with more questions after your and Xray's posts which I added below. I realized that most of my 40-leveled units had horrible IVs and are ending up retaining my new pulls - for example, I'm going to try to make a Quadsuna out of my new Setsuna because it's +SPD and my other one was something super dumb like +Res. Also I'm going to train my new Vision just for posterity, merge him to a +10 if I keep pulling him and then let him alone. Ultimately I want a team of every character with level 40 so this'll just be that for me.I had completely neglected my 3* team when I posted my barracks so I'll amend that now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've pretty much abandoned them so I feel like a shitty mom but I really don't see myself using them any time soon since I have all these other guys to deal with.

Ahhhh yup. Both of these make total sense. Thanks.

All of my Seliph pulls have been pretty shit. Right now my Level 40+1 is +HP/-SPD and my Level 1 is +RES/-SPD. I leveled most of my unit before realizing IVs mattered. So this is a question for every character crouched in Seliph as an example: Basically if you have a unit with crap skills like Seliph and just want to make him a +10, is it a good idea to just keep accumulating Seliphs until I get one with a good IV set and train that guy up to be my actual Seliph I invest stuff in? Also does level matter when you merge? So for example if I pull a +ATK/-RES Seliph and decide to make him my Level 40 unit I'm gonna put all the skills into, could I merge my Level 1 on the left and Level 40+1 on the right to end up with a Level 1+2? I think that's how that works? Also if I already had my Level 40 inherit and learn skills will the new Level 1 inherit those skills as well or do I just lose them?

Yeah my Level 40 is +DEF/-SPD and this new one was +HP/-RES. It's sounding like I should merge him because he's a good slow unit as you said. I'm now kinda learning from this and the other posts which explicitly stated this, some units should just be merged while the ones with better skills should be fodder and it seems like Lukas may be in the first category.

Wow, interesting about Harsh Command, really good to know. And I guess bye bye Poison Strike. Is this the same kind of scenario where I just find one good IV Saizo, merge him to get to +10, and send the rest home? Or does he suck enough to not even bother making a +10 out of him? For right now it seems like I should always try to make one +10 for shitty characters before sending guys home.

Thanks for the explanation. I am reading about Raven Mages right now and it seems like for the most part you give them triangle assault and breakers of their same color type? I ended up giving M!Robin Bowbreaker because he's the only one with a Raven Tome atm and I really have no units that can stand up to colorless right now but I also saw it recommended for like, Sophia and Raigh.

Yeah that was dumb about Olivia. And In don't have enough characters to have almost any reposition and Nino has helped me with Draw Back before.

I have an Arthur leveled already with better IVs so I was just gonna fodder this guy. Generally do weapon breaker skills go best with characters using the same weapon? So like should I give Lancebreaker to like Oboro? It doesn't make much logical sense to give them to green units because wouldn't that be overkill? Or is that the point?

I pulled some new dudes on the new banner trying to get a 5* and here's a secret about me; I know Sheena isn't any good but I'm a bitch for Sheena (idk why just love her) and I got a 5* Sheena with decent IVs which made me happy so now I can get rid of my other two 4* Sheenas but it looks like 4* Sheena's skillset kinda bites. Could I give Escutcheon to Hana and someone else?

I also pulled and will probably get rid of:
    • 4* Cherche - give away Pivot and Atk+ or merge with current?
    • 4* Mathilda - Cancel Affinity or merge?
    • 4* Effie - Oh shit Effie has awesome skills. Is giving away death blow better than wary fighter or vice versa?
    • 3* Henry
    • 3* Arthur (again)
    • 3* Beruka
    <insert bitching about how I'm not good enough to not bitch about 3* units yet>

8. XRay

XRay Active Member

Friend ID:
    Pretty much. You want to keep accumulating units until you find the one with a nature you need. I would not invest in a unit until you find one with a good nature, just in case if you ever run out of Barracks space, you can send all the bad copies home for Feathers without feeling like you wasted your resources on unit with a bad nature that you cannot use yet.

And once you find the nature you need, you want to inherit all the relevant skills onto a bad nature copy first, and farm SP and learn as much as skills as you can on that bad copy until it is level 40. The level 40 bad copy will then be merged into another bad copy that is level 1, and all the skills will transfer over whether learned or unlearned, and then you can just keep farming SP again to learn the unlearned skills. Once the bad copy learned all the skills it needs, you can stop farming SP and just merge the bad copy directly to your good copy. All the merge levels transfer over too, so bad nature Seliph+5 sacrificed into a good nature Seliph+0 will turn the Seliph+0 into Seliph+6.

I would see if you have a good nature first. Saizo 5*+0 is more reliable but more expensive. Saizo 4*+10 should ideally run +Atk and Fury/Attack +3, just in case a BH!Lyn+10 out there runs +Def for whatever reason; neutral Attack Saizo is still fine since people who run BH!Lyn+10 usually run one with either neutral, +Atk, or +Spd natures. Saizo is pretty crap other wise though since he has nothing else going for him, but at least he has a practical niche.

Raven mages should run Bowbreaker for Arena Assault since countering bows is their primary job.

I personally do not recommend running Raven mages on an Arena offense team, but if you do, then they might want to increase their coverage by running a Breaker of the same color. Running a Player Phase nuking Blade mage is better in my opinion since their coverage is far better than any Raven mage.

In my opinion, Sophia fulfills her Raven mage niche so well that I would give Sophia Quick Riposte instead of Bowbreaker, so she can handle green mages too. Sophia ideally should run [+Atk/Def/Res, -HP/Spd].

It depends on the mode.

For regular Arena, you want to increase a unit's coverage as much as possible, so units should run Breakers of the same color. Brave Bow archers can run any Breaker, usually a melee Breaker, but the fastest ones may want to use Desperation instead. The best Blade mages typically run Desperation since they are pretty fast, although slower ones may want to run a Breaker of the same color.

For Arena Assault, it is does not matter too much, but it is generally better to specialize your units to be specific counters since you can preview the enemy team to bring whatever is appropriate. Arena Assault units do not need high coverage for that reason. However, if you are running out of a specific Breaker, any Breaker is better than no Breaker.

Personally, I am not a fan of armor units, especially melee ones. However, they do have a purpose by increasing your score in Arena Assault as part of an armor team on team 1. I would personally just leave them be and then promote them to 5* later to be merged into your primary Sheena. You can also sacrifice for her Escutcheon although few units would want it now since fast units running Brave Weapons are no longer as popular as it used to be. Since Cordelia already comes with Brave Lance, she can run Escutcheon when paired with Life and Death.

With Weapon Refinement, Hana is better off with a Refined Slaying Edge/Wo Dao in my opinion. If Hana has access to buffs, Brave Sword is better, but generally your Blade mage on the team would be hogging the buffer most of the time, so you may want Hana to have a better performance when operating independently.

Cherche is a really good slow Brave user like Lukas. I would merge her until she reaches 4*+10 and then just fodder her Attack +3 if you have any extras.

I would save her for Cancel Affinity for your best Brave Bow archers. She can also run Sapphire Lance to counter red mages for Arena Assault if you need her to.

I would save Effie so she can accompany Sheena on team 1 of Arena Assault. If you have extras, I would prioritize Death Blow to give away. Wary Fighter is okay, but they recently released better options like Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter for armor units, and once they release those skills on non-seasonal units, they may be easier to obtain.

He is a decent Rauðrraven mage if he has +Atk. He is also good fodder with Ignis and G Tomebreaker.

She is good for Arena Assault. She can also fodder off Glimmer and Killer Axe.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  9. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

Shanna and Michalis and M!Robin have inherited stuff that isn't absolute stupidity! It feels like a huge accomplishment. I' came out with more questions after your and Xray's posts which I added below. I realized that most of my 40-leveled units had horrible IVs and are ending up retaining my new pulls - for example, I'm going to try to make a Quadsuna out of my new Setsuna because it's +SPD and my other one was something super dumb like +Res. Also I'm going to train my new Vision just for posterity, merge him to a +10 if I keep pulling him and then let him alone. Ultimately I want a team of every character with level 40 so this'll just be that for me.I had completely neglected my 3* team when I posted my barracks so I'll amend that now.

ANS : Sometimes, its okay to work with whatever not so optimal IVs you get, but then you eventually will find a good IV to merge the old one into. So its not so bad.

I've pretty much abandoned them so I feel like a shitty mom but I really don't see myself using them any time soon since I have all these other guys to deal with.

ANS : Its hard to run out of units to work with, so its more about setting your priorities on who to focus on first, and its unavoidable some will fall to the wayside.

All of my Seliph pulls have been pretty shit. Right now my Level 40+1 is +HP/-SPD and my Level 1 is +RES/-SPD. I leveled most of my unit before realizing IVs mattered. So this is a question for every character crouched in Seliph as an example: Basically if you have a unit with crap skills like Seliph and just want to make him a +10, is it a good idea to just keep accumulating Seliphs until I get one with a good IV set and train that guy up to be my actual Seliph I invest stuff in? Also does level matter when you merge? So for example if I pull a +ATK/-RES Seliph and decide to make him my Level 40 unit I'm gonna put all the skills into, could I merge my Level 1 on the left and Level 40+1 on the right to end up with a Level 1+2? I think that's how that works? Also if I already had my Level 40 inherit and learn skills will the new Level 1 inherit those skills as well or do I just lose them?

ANS : I think Xray mostly handled this part, but I would add that sometimes, it takes forever to get that one optimal IV, so its sometimes not a bad idea to go with one unit where at least the stats you value e.g atk is unaffected if you have fully intended to merge said unit.

Yeah my Level 40 is +DEF/-SPD and this new one was +HP/-RES. It's sounding like I should merge him because he's a good slow unit as you said. I'm now kinda learning from this and the other posts which explicitly stated this, some units should just be merged while the ones with better skills should be fodder and it seems like Lukas may be in the first category.

ANS : Yes, +def -spd Lukas is good, and he admittedly does not have much good fodder skills. Just build and merge him if you do like Lukas, he's a good physical tank.

Wow, interesting about Harsh Command, really good to know. And I guess bye bye Poison Strike. Is this the same kind of scenario where I just find one good IV Saizo, merge him to get to +10, and send the rest home? Or does he suck enough to not even bother making a +10 out of him? For right now it seems like I should always try to make one +10 for shitty characters before sending guys home.

ANS : It is that same scenario. Saizo does have his uses, he's among the better dagger users with good def and spd, but I barely use daggers so I don't think i can help that much here.

Thanks for the explanation. I am reading about Raven Mages right now and it seems like for the most part you give them triangle assault and breakers of their same color type? I ended up giving M!Robin Bowbreaker because he's the only one with a Raven Tome atm and I really have no units that can stand up to colorless right now but I also saw it recommended for like, Sophia and Raigh.

ANS : Sophia has the stats to run raventomes well, hence the recommendation. Raventome/triangle adept/bowbreaker is the standard anti-archer build. What you need to look out for when building raventome unit is to look at their def stat, it needs to be above average.

I have an Arthur leveled already with better IVs so I was just gonna fodder this guy. Generally do weapon breaker skills go best with characters using the same weapon? So like should I give Lancebreaker to like Oboro? It doesn't make much logical sense to give them to green units because wouldn't that be overkill? Or is that the point?

ANS : Depends on what you plan for the unit. 4* Narcian is a budget way of fighting lances, and can handle 5* units (e.g. I did get 4* narcian to KO lancina) in arena assault precisely because of the "overkill kit" of emerald axe/lancebreaker. If the unit is already strong as it is, picking breaker of the same color is there to improve their coverage. Oboro is too similiar to Lukas to be worth building, namely she trades some atk/def for res stat which barely helps her.

I pulled some new dudes on the new banner trying to get a 5* and here's a secret about me; I know Sheena isn't any good but I'm a bitch for Sheena (idk why just love her) and I got a 5* Sheena with decent IVs which made me happy so now I can get rid of my other two 4* Sheenas but it looks like 4* Sheena's skillset kinda bites. Could I give Escutcheon to Hana and someone else?

ANS : Sheena has crappy base kit, but she does have really high def/res to be a strong wall. It does require heavy investment to utilize her strengths, involving the sacrifice of other 5* only units. You do not look like you have the resources for now, but I will not sacrifice her for Escutcheon. Its a subpar skill in the first place.

I also pulled and will probably get rid of:
    • 4* Cherche - give away Pivot and Atk+ or merge with current?
    • 4* Mathilda - Cancel Affinity or merge?
    • 4* Effie - Oh shit Effie has awesome skills. Is giving away death blow better than wary fighter or vice versa?
    • 3* Henry
    • 3* Arthur (again)
    • 3* Beruka
    ANS : Xray has covered these, but I'll add a few notes. Cherche has 38 atk at base, the 2nd highest behind only Effie and Xmas Chrom, making her one of the strongest Brave users in play. She is worth building and for f2p players aiming to make a single 5*+10, she is one of the choices like Nino is. Beruka basically trades off her atk stat to focus on HP and Def, and her def stat at neutral is 37, equivalent to the infamous armored unit Hector. She is a good physical tank, but is lacking in attack stat. Also a popular choice for 4*+10, and there are a few 5*+10 berukas lurking in arena I've seen.

@Rubi has a pretty well-built Sheena, so I'd defer to him since you like Sheena.