1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Aw shucks

Discussion in 'Heroes & Skills' started by pitchfork, Jun 5, 2018.

1. pitchfork

pitchfork New Member

ᕕ( )ᕗ
    Aw shucks, no one liked my post?
    Well golly, I sure could use a distraction.

Ladies and gentlemen,
    Mr. Conway Twitty

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Korban Dioxide likes this.
  2. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

My take on building units is unless you have some weird-ass 900 IQ meme janky strat in mind, build on a unit's strengths, not weakness. Just use Fury/desperation for easy desperation trigger, these two are a pair made in heaven since the start of skill inheritance for mages. Low def high speed mages are meant to drop into desperation range and then never ever get hit again, its usually pointless to fix their durability, - they are still likely to die in 1-2hits even with def buff.

Chill atk and odd atk wave don't really go well. Chill res and atk buff on a mage likely works better but virtually all low def high spd mages want desperation in B slot and would prefer if someone else had the chill skill to support them instead. If you don't even like glass cannons why even build Tharja?

3. pitchfork

pitchfork New Member

@Locky
    I think you misunderstood my reason for this build. I don't like Desperation or the need to set it up. I stated i didn't like glass cannons but am using Tharja anyways because I like this Special version of her and why does anyone do anything. It's a specific build for a very specific reason.

But you answered my question regarding Chill Attack and Odd Attack wave so thank you for that.

4. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

assuming you really wanted to make tharja do things and not build as a glass cannon, go double distant def (A slot and seal), or you just go full support mode on her and keep dual rally/Feint in B slot and two other buff skills in C slot and seal.

5. Rubi

Rubi Moderator Staff Member

Chill Atk isn't going to do anything for you when you're going up against heavy hitters like Zelgius, Legendary Ike, or any blues. Odd Atk Wave however may increase your chances of 1 shotting green units.

Since you're not willing to set up for Desperation, don't bother using it. Tharja's Def and Res are awful. There are not a lot of enemies she can survive a counterattack from. Blue units are guaranteed to kill her in 1 hit, reds too, probably. Greens are your only choice, except that you have Odd Atk Wave on, and you risk one shotting the green enemies before they have a chance to counterattack and lower your HP down to the threshold.

You don't like glass cannons but you still want to use a unit that's the quintessential definition of a glass cannon? Bridal Tharja has a 21/21 Def/Res base. 18/21 now since yours is -Def. She's not a "bulky unit". Desperation is the only skill that will allow her to last longer on the battlefield because she can safely land 2 hits on enemies without taking a counterattack, but you don't want to facilitate that by running Fury or Reciprocal Aid / Ardent Sacrifice. You're imposing way too many restrictions and asking a unit to do what she's not made out to do. It's even stranger that you kept her Atk/Spd Bond, a skill purely designed for offensive capabilities, not defensive ones.

I'd love to help but I don't understand which direction you're trying to take your Tharja.

6. pitchfork

pitchfork New Member

It's funny how uptight people get when a build is presented that is against the nom when this game supports the ability to create vastly unique units. It was a simple question. Thanks for being so judgmental. I never said my build was for everyone. It is for me, and it works fine.

7. Rubi

Rubi Moderator Staff Member

Ask anyone in this forum. I'm the most pro-unique sets kind of player. Trust me you'll never see anyone build units like I do, I don't need a lecture about going against the norm. I'd like to remind you though, uniqueness =/= usefulness. Every unique build I have created have justification for why they are built that way, and my sets don't contradict themselves.

Putting Atk/Spd Bond on a 18 Def, 21 Res B!Tharja and then calling that a survivability build is a contradiction no matter which way you cut it. If you have Oliver from a Grand Hero Battle a while back, inheriting his Mirror Strike (+4 Atk/Res when unit initiates) would probably help Tharja survive better.

A forum is a place for discussion and dialogue. If you're not looking for criticisms and suggestions on your sets, I don't even know why you feel the need to open a thread in the first place.

8. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Bro it’s not uptight. These people are very good players and they’re trying to help you out. You know how many times I’ve presented a build and @Locky has destroyed it? A whole lot of times. But the point is you can learn from other players and come up with even better builds in the future.

That is the reason this forum exists.

9. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Friend ID:
    Sometimes builds like fury/desparation are common and repeatedly recommended because they work. Nothing wrong with a build that is simple and effective.