1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Armor Emblem Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Korban Dioxide, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:43 PM.

1. Korban Dioxide

Korban Dioxide Member

Friend ID:
    How to make an Armor Emblem?
    ~​

Greetings everyone, today I’m bringing you an in depth guide on how to make an Armor emblem team in Fire Emblem Heroes. Many people believe that Armor emblem teams aren’t very good but I think otherwise, I believe that Armor units have a lot of potential and strength in the current meta. I’ll be explaining the different units and compositions that could be found within an Armor emblem team! Well, enough chit-chat let’s get started shall we?

Units:

Let’s start with the current units we have to work with in our Armor emblem teams. (I put non-summonable units in bold)
    Green: Henry, Hector, Amelia and Sheena
    Red: Black Knight, Arden, Zephiel and Draug
    Blue: Effie, Gwendolyn
    Colourless: Jakob

As you can see many of our units are unobtainable at the moment or limited so it might be difficult for newer players to build and create their Armor emblem teams, but that’s fine, newer and better armor units are hopefully on their way so don’t feel bad if you lack some armor units.

Now let’s start with a short analysis and ranking of each colour and unit.

Green: Green armor units have some of the strongest armor units and I’d say is the most competitive type with massive powerhouses like Hector or Henry competing for that slot on your team.

[​IMG] Henry: An excellent armor unit and I’d say is one of the best armor units in the game currently. Our first armored mage with an amazing resistance stat which most armor units seem to lack and a decent defense stat. Henry can take hits whilst dealing good damage. He also can be very versatile, meaning he can run raven, owl, blade and even his default weapon. In our current meta where Reinhardt and other strong blue tomes dominate the meta, Henry is almost a must have but he is limited so he won’t be available for future players.

[​IMG] Hector: Another fantastic green armor unit which almost always got the green slot on the team before Henry. Great HP, Atk and Def stats. His legendary weapon is a free QR2 and he comes with Distant Counter which is a godsend for armor units. Slap a vantage on him and he will take lives during the enemy phase. Hector is an amazing powerhouse is also very useful against Reinhardts and Bowlyns because his high defense and HP stats, he can live and strike back. Definitely not a force to be reckoned with.

[​IMG] Amelia: Again, another great unit, Amelia has an incredible speed and attack stat. You can send her into battle with armor buffs and the right build, she can easily land multiple attacks on the enemy. Though, she isn’t great during enemy phase so what do we do? Slap a Distant counter on her oh baby! Amelia can become a powerful foe with the right build! Not Armor march fodder.

[​IMG] Sheena: Last but not least we have Sheena, the tankiest of them all! She puts the wall, in wall! She has a beautiful base 36 and 33 in def and res and combined with a good HP stat she will eat up everything! Her only downfall is her attack is on the lower end of the stick but easily fixable with Hone and Goad armor buffs. The mix of high attack from buffs and high base defenses makes her able to deal damage and eat hits.

1. Hector
    2. Henry
    3. Amelia
    4. Sheena
    ~​

Red: Red armor units seem to have the most unobtainable units at this time, because of their exclusivity it might be hard to obtain one or the one you want. Besides their rarity, red armor units are very powerful and can deal crazy damage.

[​IMG] Black Knight: My boy Black Knight is probably the strongest of all red armor units. He comes with a free Distant counter and don’t even get me started on Black luna… He has great stats and throw a vantage on him and he becomes a red hector. Black Knight can basically KO/deal massive damage to ANY unit because of Black Luna and if you pair that up with Steady Breath, oh boy…

[​IMG] Arden: Our second tempest trial red armor unit and the only unit that can eliminate foes with his appearance. My boy Arden comes with Brave Sword and Follow-Up Ring which makes him the king of follow up attacks. He also has the highest base HP and Def stats in the game so if you slap an Ignis on him gg. Though he does have abysmal Spd and Res so if you plan on keeping him alive, stay away from tome users…

[​IMG] Zephiel: An excellent choice of red armor unit, he has a terrible Spd stat but with Wary Fighter that really doesn’t matter. All his other stats are really good and comes with a free -Atk debuff on his sword making it harder to kill him. He may have trouble contending with other red armor units but if he is all you have then do not fret, you still have an excellent unit on your team.

[​IMG] Draug: The only red unit you can summon, you may be stuck with him if you missed the opportunity to get any of the other units. He has an excellent Def and HP stat, definitely not as high compared to Arden but still usable, if you plan to use him you may need a bit of investment but with the buffs on the battlefield he can be perfectly fine.

1. Black Knight
    2. Arden
    3. Zephiel
    4. Draug
    ~​

Blue: And now the amount of units slowly drops giving us the choice of two blue units, both are able to be summoned thankfully… They may be small in numbers but they are strong!

[​IMG] Effie: Effie is a fantastic blue unit, she has an extremely high base Atk stat with a lower speed in comparison. She comes with Wary Fighter and if you combine that with a Brave Lance then you can laugh at the enemy while you double them. Also very powerful with Death Blow or Distant counter. Effie is amazing unit that can does a marvelous job on the battlefield. She is a wall-tearing wall!

[​IMG] Gwendolyn: Gwendolyn is a decent unit with nice rounded stats, her Atk is lowkey super bad but can be made better with abilities and buffs, she has a nice Def stat and above average Res stat. Gwendolyn unfortunately is worse than her rival Effie, it doesn’t mean she isn’t awful she can still be made better with some investment!

1. Effie
    2. Gwendolyn
    ~​

Colourless: Well, I can easily say that 100% of the colourless armor units are fantastic… because there is only 1 right now… and he’s limited… good luck getting him.

[​IMG] Jakob: Our monster friend Jakob has really well rounded stats and is our first Armor archer! With very high Def, Res and Atk stats, his only problem is his speed but nothing Wary Fighter can’t fix! Jakob is a monster on the battlefield (figuratively and literally). Give him a Brave Bow and you are good to go! He is basically an Effie, instead of impaling people with lances, he does it with arrows.

1. Jakob

Builds and Composition:

Unfortunately I won’t be going too much into builds because with your composition you may need different abilities or skills. There is also a lot of variety and different playstyles that people prefer so I don’t want to give specific builds. If you are, however, looking for builds, there are many good sources for builds online or you can look at my units builds. If not, you can make your own and play around with each unit.

There are a few skills that are required to make an armor emblem team:

Required:

[​IMG] Hone Armor: “Grants adjacent armored allies Atk/Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.”

[​IMG] Fortify Armor: “Grants adjacent armor allies Def/Res+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.”

[​IMG] Armor March 3: “If unit has an adjacent armored ally at the start of turn, unit and any such allies can move 1 extra space.”

Optional but Optimal:

[​IMG] Goad Armor: “Grants armored allies within 2 spaces Spd/Atk+4 during combat.”

[​IMG] Ward Armor: “Grants armored allies within 2 spaces Def/Res+4 during combat.”

Reposition, Swap : Some of the best positioning skills in the game, amazing for moving armor units.

You can mix and match these skills however you like, if you like having 4 Ward Armor buffs then go for it, but these are the classic emblem team skills that makes an emblem team… an emblem team! I would say that an Armor March is required in every team because their only downfall is their lack in mobility and that makes up for it.

Now if you were unfortunate enough to not get a Armor March then our setup will differ then if we did have it.

Without Armor March:
    Do not worry there is still away to make a good Armor Emblem team without it, and it's none other than 4 Ward Armors. Because of our lack of mobility it will be more difficult for us during enemy phase, but if we get +12 in Def and Res than we can survive and strike back once the enemy has gotten close enough. Assist skills will also change. Reposition is still useful but the skills like Pivot and Swap excel in setups like this.

With Armor March:
    If you have Armor March you have a lot wider amount of options. Some of the most common ones are Fortify+Hone+March and Goad/Ward. Others still like to stick with 3 Wards despite having Armor March, and others like to go 3 Goads for full attack. The Assist skills in this case would be reposition and swap, with this they are maximizing their movement capabilities.

My team:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently the last slot had been removed and will be replaced with Jakob once he decides to join me…

Overview and conclusion:

Armor Emblem is a very good and fun way to play, the units are strong and fierce. With the addition to ranged armor units makes the Armor emblem team as strong as it ever was before. The only downside to Armor emblem is the mobility. All Armor units can only move one space but thanks to Armor March we can move them two spaces, it is at a cost of a C slot but it’s definitely worth it considering the pros and cons. Armor emblem can also counter many of the current threats in PvP right now, such as Reinhardt and Bowlyn just to name a few. They can take hits and strike back, strong in both player and enemy phases.

I hope you learned a lot from this guide, shoutout to you for reading it all. Please feel free to point out mistakes/criticism/comments! This is my first guide and I want to improve in any way possible.
    I am open to discussion.

Have a nice day~

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:29 AM
  2. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Very excellent guide! I’m working on armor emblem right now, so this is very helpful. Jakob is very good, even without wary fighter I used him to beat Alm and celica on infernal.

Korban Dioxide likes this.
  3. Korban Dioxide

Korban Dioxide Member

Friend ID:
    I agree with that statement on Jakob, what did you use instead if I might ask? I was thinking about putting Vantage or QR on mine and throw a Deflect Magic 3 seal on him.

Also thank you for the kind words! :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 11:09 PM
  4. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

Nice overview but could go a bit more in-depth with what C & Assist skills to use in different setups.

- If you don't have access to Armor March it limits the way you can build. C should be Ward Armor on all units in that case and Assist is limited to the choice of Pivot or Swap.
    - Only with access to Armor March skills like Hone Armor, Fortify Armor and Reposition should be chosen.
    Reason: If you lack the mobility your team gets much more dependent on enemy phase initiation and needs the extra tankiness. Without extra mobility Reposition can't be used to it's fullest potential and is barely better than Swap/Pivot.

Well, that's my opinion. There are also people who say always Ward Armor on everyone, despite the addition of Armor March to the game.

Korban Dioxide likes this.
  5. Korban Dioxide

Korban Dioxide Member

Friend ID:
    Thank you for the feedback! I’ll be sure to make some changes after school!

6. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    I used nothing. He wasn’t built yet

7. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Active Member

Friend ID:
  8. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    I️ have wary fighter and brash assault seal on him

9. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

My main team b!lyn reindhart axezura ayra beaten by this armor emblem, excellent use of 'guard' instead of the usual vantage/qr

Attached Files: