1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

PvP Arena Team help?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Pacodios, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Pacodios

Pacodios New Member

So my team right now is basically all melee, but I don't really know who i want to sub in or what to change. I keep getting killed by takumis in arena but I don't really have a solid check for him. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    upload_2017-2-9_19-48-19.png upload_2017-2-9_19-48-30.png

2. Prime

Prime New Member

Hmm. Thats a tough one because I think his weakness is dragons like Tiki, but I don't see one in your mix.

3. Guaje

Guaje Member

I notice you have a 4* Jeorge. While mine is 5*, he has become my go-to Takumi killer. Stick him just within range. Takumi hits, he hits back. Then on his turn he grabs the kill. Not super elegant, but it works consistently.

4. Syntax

Syntax Member

Friend ID:
    I think it's pretty difficult to approach without having a ranged unit of your own. I wonder if substituting Camilla for Roy using shove would be helpful against Takumi in particular in some way, but at the same time you would find yourself getting crowded without a free-moving unit like Camilla.

Generally the way I approach other arena teams is, if the team is divided, is to collapse on the weaker half as quickly as I can, or if they're packed together, to choke them in a bottleneck or force them to break down walls to approach.

Open-field matches are the most tricky, but if they use a cavalry or armoured unit, you can bait the faster units to engage you before the slower units catch up.

Although Takumi is admittedly a difficult unit to deal with, thinking that he's the only issue is the incorrect way to approach it.

5. friednublet

friednublet Member

Friend ID:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5swfwt/comprehensive_arena_guide/

I found this guide very useful, I think someone else has reproduced it here on this forum (and has credited the original writer). I've won considerably more matches after reading it. Basically, turn on danger area and only move your units so that the AI will be forced to make bad trades. The AI always tries to move units of the opposing colour toward your own units, but will blindly attack any unit that's within range. So, I always move my red units within range of green units, which you can see by tapping on them, so that they initiate and make a bad trade.

I've been using Lyn, Catria, Nowi and Clarine, although healing doesn't seem to be of much help in arena. I will drop Clarine for a green unit once I get a usable one (probably Merric).

Takumi is hard to handle, I've found the easiest way to beat him is to stay out of his range, until he moves close enough so that you can initiate on him instead of having him initiate on you. Cavalry and flying units are great for this because they have greater movement, although you do have to be careful using flyers.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  6. Pacodios

Pacodios New Member

Thank you all for the replies? I summoned again today, and got the three star tiki. Would she be worth investing in aka would she add anything to my team?