1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Another newbie saying hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Virage, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Virage

Virage New Member

Friend ID:
    Hi guys,

Been playing FEH for a month or so now and am starting to really get into the game. I originally picked it up to wean myself off a crushing addiction to Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and it's done the trick. Only problem is I'm probably going to develop an addiction to FEH now!

Anyway, hoping I can learn a lot from everyone here and have some fun. I've never played a Fire Emblem game before but this title has got me thinking about dusting off my son's 3DS!

Cheers,
    Virage

Cloudedstrife likes this.
  2. deathspadeii

deathspadeii Moderator+ Staff Member

Ooh! Another newcomer! We're glad you've showed up! Stop by and talk to us in the shoutbox if you ever need anything! It doesn't have to be FE related, it can be anything!
    We're happy you're here!
    (Also check out my Museum of Wonder! It's in the fanart section!)

Virage likes this.
  3. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

Welcome! Were you also on the BE site? I stopped by there once in a while.

Virage likes this.
  4. XRay

XRay Active Member

Friend ID:
    Welcome! Be careful though, as this game is what Anna would have came up with to suck your wallet dry. This game could be a gold digger!

Virage likes this.
  5. Epic Fail

Epic Fail Moderator Staff Member

Friend ID:
    Welcome! You have a son? how old is he now?

6. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Hey there! Welcome

7. Blackno2

Blackno2 Elise Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

Friend ID:
    Hi, I played FFBE too, I did a whole bunch of research on how to reroll because I didn't do that with FEH and wanted to start with good units. It was a waste of time because one of my first summons without even rolling was Luneth! xD

Virage likes this.
  8. Virage

Virage New Member

Friend ID:
    Sorry for the late reply - been a bit of a crazy couple of weeks at work! Thanks ever so much for the warm welcome!

So far I've not opened FFBE since getting into FE, and the damage to my wallet has been reduced drastically. Whereas I was spending ~£100 per month on FFBE so far I've only spent ~£30 on FE since I installed it a couple of months ago. It's a bit too early to tell but it seems to me that thanks to the inheritance mechanic the power creep that made constantly pulling in FFBE almost essential (in order to continue to beat the latest challenges) will hopefully not be necessary. We'll see!

I was on the FFBE site too, username was/is Laguna. It's a shame that the game links to Facebook or I'd happily donate my account to someone on there, they were a really good bunch. @Blackno2 it's funny you mentioned re-rolling - for me I did it in reverse; I was too new to gacha when I picked up FFBE to even know what re-rolling was, but when I came to FE I did re-roll a bit. :)

@Epic Fail I'm actually blessed with 4 kids. The eldest (who is most into gaming, of course!) is 7. We played through Tempest Trials last night which he loved and he's also got his own team that he uses in the Training Tower. :)

9. Epic Fail

Epic Fail Moderator Staff Member

Friend ID:
    Awesome that you can share that with your son! My son who loves this game is 16 and he is much better at this than I am. He wins arena battles quickly and without hesitation, while I am stuck agonizing over every move

Virage likes this.
  10. Virage

Virage New Member

Friend ID:
    Haha I'm still slightly quicker at processing what this game is telling us - for now. I've no doubts whatsoever that the tables will be turned quite soon though. And I definitely spend an age poring over each decision, too. Although I kinda like that aspect of the game - it makes it so much more rewarding when things you try to plan a couple of moves in advance for actually work out!