1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Aether Raids map sharing

Discussion in 'General' started by Rubi, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Rubi

Rubi Moderator Staff Member

@QuickBit :eek:

Share your Aether Raids map here or discuss strategies :eek: If you don't want to reveal which one of your traps are real and which ones are fake, just go into a test battle with yourself, there your traps will appear like they do in a real battle.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

Looks like horses are the new champions in this mode, but for now I'll stick to the basics.

QuickBit likes this.
  2. QuickBit

QuickBit Active Member

Friend ID:
    I’m too lazy to make a thread, but I’m not to lazy to share!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I really didn’t think I’d like this gamemode at first but its actually a ton of fun. Can’t wait to see more keeps!

3. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

I tried to make my def map annoying. In my defense replays people are always busy with my structures and Vroni loves to end up on the def tiles being surprisingly tanky. Challengers don't come near my Aether often even when they win.

I'm thinking about using a WoM dancer instead of Vroni on my offense team.
    And: I don't need to use bonus Fjorm on def team?

I'm really looking forward unlocking 5th unit slots :eek:

Best mode so far, I just hope Aether doesn't increase as much that it becomes a grind in the future (even though we all wanna play more ATM)

[​IMG]

4. Blackno2

Blackno2 Elise Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

Friend ID:
    My cavalry defense setup couldn't get any wins, so I'm going to see how this setup works out. Myrrh has Armor March and Niles has Armored Boots. Screenshot_20181111-090602.png

5. QuickBit

QuickBit Active Member

Friend ID:
    I’m havig trouble getting def wins too. I have a few kills, but no wins. I'll changing things up and post the new map if I can get a win.

6. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

I've had 9 challengers so far. 6 failures and 3 successes. I think successfully fighting off 1/3 of challengers is kinda good considering how A.I. can easily be baited into disadvantageous matches.
    I can't watch the full replay of any of these though so I'm not sure how it happened. My best bet is that one of my units makes good use of the def tiles on my map and survives beyond turn 7.

7. 4dbest

4dbest Member

[​IMG]
    chk my brain dead map just did it without effort no buildinf anything very effective
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  8. QuickBit

QuickBit Active Member

Friend ID:
    FINALLY! A map with a win. Thanks @Rubi, for helping me figure my comp.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Rubi

[​IMG]

@QuickBit Check out Akariss's def map, it's so dangerous. Niles gets Glacies charged turn one because of Infantry pulse.

QuickBit likes this.
  10. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

So after gaining some more experience, watching def results and seeing other's solutions my map looks like this
    [​IMG]
    More bonus units means more inflated stats, which apparently is the only way to make A.I. hard (besides unavailable reinforcements). Last def result (success) Est 4*+10 survived being attacked by Cherche 5* and boxed in WoM Olivia (also 4*+10) could start performing. Aversa survived Lilina 5*+9 and Olivia could WoM again to kill Lilina. Fjorm survived beyond turn 7.
    I love when it works out as planned <3

11. Rubi

Qb what do you think about giving your fliers ward fliers instead, and give Iotes to Flyzura, so archers can't easily kill her?

12. QuickBit

QuickBit Active Member

Friend ID:
    The biggest issue I’ve found for Azura this season is actually Aversa. I DID think about Iotes on Airzura, but the sims I’ve run have her still dying to most bows. Her def just isn’t up to par. ...And yes, I’ve also thought about ward instead (that would help Azura too). It won’t work because I’m shigure poor (IS please send shigures).

13. Rubi

Big update to mine. After playing AR for a season, few things are apparent:
    1. I'm afraid the Spring Breeze terrain is the best out of all the choices. Not sure what IS was thinking, but how did they not realize unbreakable walls are OP.
    2. When BST is no longer a factor, everyone runs straight back to horses. Goes to show that the horse meta never truly died, they were just suppressed because of Arena's BST requirement.

Anyways here's my new map. B!Lyn is inevitable, but I don't have Veronica and I didn't want to go full cancer and use Rein, so I subbed in Catria.

[​IMG]

Also @Locky come and join us :eek:

QuickBit likes this.
  14. syuri

syuri Member

Noob question, does success in defense give any point to lift?
    I have success and failure but no lift change..
    Screenshot_20181121-140624_Fire Emblem Heroes-540x960.jpg Screenshot_20181121-140633_Fire Emblem Heroes-540x960.jpg

15. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

Lift change on defense only applies when you have over 4,000 lift. Wins give you nothing but losses make you lose lift (maximum of -80 per 20 hours).

syuri likes this.
  16. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

17. Rubi

Isn't Ike very vulnerable? You even have Rein shown on your raiding team who can just go in and delete him. Even if the trap in front is real, all I need to do is reposition rein out of the way and kill Ike next turn.

18. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

Yes, he's bait for ranged horses getting stuck in Ursula's range hopefully.
    Though I have surprisingly little Reinhardts in my replays. A lot of people trying with mixed team flier mobility plus green mage and dancer.

19. Rubi

Yeah but I mean you can simply reposition Reinhardt out of Ursula's range after he killed Ike right? Locking your units up like that may not be a good idea

20. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

here's a (now deleted) link in reddit of a guy who did something similiar to OPhelia : https://nf.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9ycx1i/rate_my_aether_keep/

TLDR, he got shut down pretty hard for what looks like a free win because his units were basically fish in a barrel who could be repeatedly murdered by any Vero+dancer combination within 7 turns. His team was basically Rein/Vero/Dancer and his favourite Micaiah btw. You want your units to have the mobility to get out there and kill shit, not sit there and wait to be shot at, especially when razzle dazzle exists and Veronica could be chosen for free.