1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Event 23th October - Tempest Trial 5

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Locky, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

This is our 5th tempest trial, 2nd one to have 40% bonus be all 5* exclusive, and the 1st one to have a banner introduce a new unit in Ayra (Intsys pls, why you bait us like this), when previous tempest banners were all old units.

Honestly, that's a worrying pattern if they keep this up that all 40% bonus units are 5* exclusives.

The 40% bonus units in banner are Ayra, Sigurd, Deirdre and Tailtiu.
    The 20% bonus units are Arvis, Eldigan, Lachesis, Arden

Seliph and Julia are absent. Looks like this is a Genealogy Generation 1 exclusive tempest.

If you didn't pull anyone, gotta hoof it with Arvis and Arden. If you want to pull for 40% bonus unit, Sigurd's banner is better than the actual tempest banner (just like with dauntless Crimeans).

Quest Rewards
    • Arden (4Star)
    • Arden (5Star)
    • Brash Assault 1
    • Atk Smoke 1
    • Guidance 1 (oh my)
    • (some reward tiers give sacred coins)

Source:
    https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/920907621808291840

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    tautet and OPhelia like this.
  2. OPhelia

OPhelia Active Member

Pay and grind to win (p&g2w©)?

Evan and Rayney_ like this.
  3. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Friend ID:
    Gotta put sigurd to work. Gotta build a team around him to score for AA. And he's not even as op as Elincia from last tempest :confused::confused:

4. Locky

to be fair to Sigurd, him and Elincia are two very different things. She is a player phase attacker, and he is an enemy phase tank, so its less "one is more OP than the other" and more "they are built differently to do different things".

5. xchan

xchan Active Member

So my nightmare came alive. I knew IS was going to pull some shitty thing like this. I just hoped they remembered Julia and Seliph existed and one of them was the 4th 40% bonus hero.

It looks like I will have to pull after all. Hate the changes. I hope everyone is sending bad feedback to IS. This can't become a trend.

Cloudedstrife likes this.
  6. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

Already have. TWICE.

On each issue. I didn't have enough characters.

7. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Friend ID:
    The thing about tempest trials though, is that player phase units fare so much better than enemy phase because the enemy units have ridiculously buffed stats. If you can hit and run with player phase units you can chip them or outright kill them with desperation and quads, even killing things with triangle disadvantage in elincia's case.

With Sigurd, he can't tank blue units, especially not for 7 rounds of Tempest trials...

I'm gonna put healcina back to work and see if I can heal him and get him through all 7 stages... I highly doubt it though. If he's not a good unit to run the tempest and I don't pull that green mage bonus unit I'm gonna just put him on team 2 and go for AB finish instead of AA.

Last tempest with op elincia I was able to complete 100k like 5 days before tempest was over. Didn't care to get more coz the ranks don't mean anything, just feathers.

8. Locky

Enemy phase unit reporting for Hector's mini-tempest (this is the last stage if you recognize it). Dude went through lunatic 7 and reached the last stage having lost only 4 HP in total by the time we ran into super buffed Hector.
    [​IMG]
    There's also this (although we all know how crappy Caeda's atk stat is, even as she is buffed as a tempest enemy.
    [​IMG]
    Pardon the crappy score, but I was bored with Lyn/Reinhardt sweeping everything so I sent in flier team with no bonus unit for fun. Yes, a team built around a defensive enemy phase unit can beat all 7 stages of lunatic tempest w/o the need for team 2. Of course you can argue that B/B yields better than E/A, but I wouldn't look down a good enemy phase unit's ability to survive 7 stages, or consider enemy phase to be a bad thing to have in tempest.
    [​IMG]

9. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Friend ID:

That hinoka... I want her so badly... When will we get a banner for her :p:p

Or another Hector banner so I can turn Sigurd to a better counter tank. I don't want to sacrifice my one and only Hector :p:p

10. deathspadeii

deathspadeii Moderator Staff Member

#fuckhinoka

11. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Friend ID:
    My first run. It's much easier than I thought... Delthea and quadelia murdering everything basically.

Screenshot_20171023-145700.jpg

12. Locky

[​IMG]
    Sigurd obscenely tanky in tempest stats. Fully buffed and supported. Also hits hard and fast. Dude also survived BOTH reinhardt and bowlyn attacking him in arena today.

Evan and Mukimpo like this.
  13. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Looks like I'm going in raw with Arvis :/ I don't mind I guess since I'm probably just going to aim for 40,000 points. But a frustrating trend to say the least

14. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Friend ID:
    I only gave my sigurd reposition and bonfire. What is the reason for smite instead of reposition? I never used it before, any situation where smite works well?

15. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    To get armored units around I guess. That's all I can think. Personally, I use reposition as well.

16. Locky

I ran out of reposition fodder, Smite is a filler from excess bartres. Also fitting for "don't push me" memes.

17. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Friend ID:
    After a few runs I gave him sol as special. Works incredibly well and keeps him alive.