1. Post a guide TODAY and enter our monthly Guide Contest for a chance to win $15!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

News 11th January Update

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Locky, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Our new units, ladies and gentleman, introducing Micaiah, Sothe the father of Ike's children, Zelgius the Black Knight, and the most beautiful man GOD Olivier.

New Skills

Peshkatz: After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn.

Thani : Grants Res+3. Effective against armored and cavalry foes. Against armored and cavalry foes using bow, dagger, magic, or staff, damage from first attack received by unit during combat reduced by 30%.

Sacrifice: Converts penalties on target into bonuses. Restores target's HP = unit's current HP -1. Unit's HP reduced by amount restored.

Warp Powder: If unit's HP ≥ 80%, unit can move adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces.

Spur Atk/Spd: Grants adjacent allies Atk/Spd+2 during combat

Skill sets
    Micaiah : Thani, Sacrifice, Distant Def, Guard, Drive Atk 2
    Sothe : Peshkatz, glimmer, Life and Death, Spur atk/spd 2
    Zelgius : Alondite, Black Luna, Fierce Stance, Warp Powder, Panic Ploy
    Olivier : Shine+, Blazing Light, Mirror Strike, Atk Ploy

Notes
    I have no fucking idea what SHINE+ does. There's no text for it. Its probably Fenrir/Bolganone bog standards.
    Zelgius has Alondite/Black Luna again.

Events

1. Oliver GHB - 14th Jan
    2. Mini-tempest with New Year Units and ...finally new year Corrin - 16th Jan
    3. New Book 2 Chapter 3 - released
    4. Arena quests the 19th Jan
    5. Refinement weapons maps the 21st Jan
    6. Chain Challenge quests the 23rd Jan
    7. Valter GHB rerun by end of the month (tentatively)

Misc

1. Refinery has 2 new legendary upgrades : Parthia from Jeorge, and Cymbeline from Sanaki
    • Parthia : Effective against flying foes. If foe uses magic, damage from first attack received by unit during combat reduced by 30%. Grants Atk+6 during combat if foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff.
    • Cymbeline : Grants allies within 2 spaces Atk+3 during combat. Grants Atk/Res+5 during combat if within 2 spaces of a flying ally.
    2. Hero Merit cap is raised to 4,000.
    3. You can preview maps in training stratum
    4. New Squad Assault. Reward is yet another HP+3 seal.
    5. New terrain type : Trenches reduce cavalry movement to 1. Other unit types are not affected.

Tentative Schedule for this month
    [​IMG]

Incoming Arena Rotation
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. xchan

xchan Active Member

Any info on the weapons/skills?

3. deathspadeii

deathspadeii Moderator Staff Member

Sothe...........
    I think you all know what I'm about to say about him.
    And THAT'S WHAT BLACK KNIGHT LOOKS LIKE? SERIOUSLY?!?

4. Beastmode

Beastmode Active Member

Zelgius really interests me, especially since I was absent for Black Knight event (<-- would love that unit). Black Luna is nasty and I think warp powder sounds super badass.

Oliver GHB also interests me a lot. It will be cool having him as a F2P unit.

Note on Sanaki--Was thinking about Cymbeline + Distant Counter Seal. Not only does she get a nice attack bump with flier buff, but you could potentially ad +11 res to a unit under attack who already has an extremely high base res stat (34 neutral). That doesn't even include any other res boosters you may have, for example ally support or spur res stacking. Y She can become pretty immune to magic based attack as she pushes towards 50 res when under attack. Very cool, not to mention she will retaliate with 50+ attack. I will probably pursue this fully at some point, but I don't have materials for her weapon upgrade (need divine dew). Might actually be a red who can withstand my TA Robin...

-Beast

MitsuBlue23 likes this.
  5. Locky

I hope you meant Distant Defense seal. Counter does not exist as a seal.

6. Beastmode

Beastmode Active Member

7. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    Micaiah is a fortune teller. But you know it’s IntSys so fuck that and give her 3 skills, plus a good blue tome to boot. She comes with Thani, a strong weapon that grants effectiveness against Armors and Horses, and also gives her Deflect Missile/Magic 1, which makes her an interesting combination of offense and defense, while also having a bonus 3 Resistance. Her new assist is Sacrifice. It makes her drop to 1 HP to give the HP she lost to another unit, so it’s kinda like any of the assists Staff users have, but more.. Extreme. It also has Harsh Command too, so that’s useful. She has Distant Defense, Guard, and Drive Attack has her skills, but I see more inheritance than actual unit. Maybe a Tri-Adept build? She looks good, but it’s a mixed unit, having both offense and defense.

Sothe is edgey, according to @Alt. He has Peshkatz, this really annoying to pronounce dagger than is pretty much an upgraded Gaius weapon, while takes away stats (-4 to all) in a AoE, and then gives them back to his allies. What a thief. He has Glimmer, which is probably useless, and has LnD 3, which is nice, and Spur Atk/Spd, which looks really good. But who uses daggers now? Bow Lyn too strong.

Zelgius is a big bulky dude who kinda reminds me of Ike’s dad. Maybe he secretly is… He’s a usual fuckboi armored unit, and has Alondite, this really aids weapon that ends up being strong. He carries Black Luna, which is standard for Black Knights, Fierce Stance, once a Dorcas exclusive skill, Panic Ploy, which is always nice to have on Armored units that start with a H and end with a Ector. What’s new is his B slot, Warp Powder. It’s pretty much Escape Route, but it’s when he’s above 80% of his HP, and warps him to any comrad within 2 spaces, which kinda takes out the use to use Armor March on him.

That’s it, have fun. We also have a new chapter, so that’s a nice 15+3 orbs. Have fun.

8. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    O O F. Would still be okay if he... asked me out for a fancy dinner over candlelight. Maybe drink a little, make a fun time..

9. Locky

Really, Tri-adept build on a unit who already has distant defense and guard? That's stupid. Also, she isn't a mixed unit, that's a fully enemy phase build for tanking mages.

10. Gaodzilla

Gaodzilla Bye.

Friend ID:
    Overkill is the best type of kill. If I can facetank all the red mages, why not facetank all the melees? I mean you’ll probably get buttfucked by Nino and Friends but she probably won’t win anyways because her speed is low. I only say mixed unit because her time effect grants good stuff against armors and horsies, which functions kinda like Bike (?).

11. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Active Member

So zelgius has 3 more def and res than black knight, but 2 less hp and 1 less spd

But not so much upgrade from his f2p twin

12. MitsuBlue23

MitsuBlue23 Member

Friend ID:
    Waifu, Jeorge Buff, and HM cap raised. Yay~

Evan likes this.
  13. Evan

Evan Active Member

Friend ID:
    Do we have a date on the Tempest Trial yet? I’d imagine it’d be soon, but we just had one didn’t we? Although I’m not against back to back tempest

14. Alt

Alt Active Member

Friend ID:
    It should be a mini one this time

15. Ryoma The High Prince

Ryoma The High Prince Active Member

Friend ID:
    Sacrifice doesn't seem to be exclusive... Maybe...

16. Ryoma The High Prince

Friend ID:
    Sacrifice Arvis...?
    That would be amazing!

KyleTron likes this.
  17. Locky

Sacrifice is exclusive to Micaiah.

18. Ryoma The High Prince

Friend ID:
    FUCK! There go my dreams...
    The perfect support, gone...

19. KyleTron

KyleTron Active Member

Friend ID:
    I thought the same thing, but alas...

I am also a huge Radiant Dawn fan, so this banner is a welcome sight. Micaiah looks bonkers and a second Black Knight, sounds good. Sothe looks cool, that dagger doe!!

End of Line

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  20. xchan

xchan Active Member

Some more stuff:

- Refinery Special Maps (like the previous ones, we get 5 ores for completing them in normal and hard, and 1 orb for completing lunatic) + quests (the typical defeat map X with a red/blue/green/colorless ally).
    - Arena Assault quests (same as before).
    - Chain Challange quests (this are new, so no idea of what rewards will give them. I'm going to ask Yuki).
    - Valter rerun at the end of the month.
    - Oliver comes with Atk Ploy and Mirror Strike.