1. Try your best to use the new hero BBcode!
    Dismiss Notice

Solve the Puzzle!

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Rubi, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Rubi

Rubi New Member

I just beat the Inferno Legion map with a super clutch finish, see if you can guess what I did to win, or if you can come up with a different way to win in this situation!

The map:
    [​IMG]

My Units:
    Ninian, Nowi, Reinhardt, TikiY
    Images of them here: http://imgur.com/a/o8dHb

Ninian:
    Assist: Dance
    Special: Sacred Cowl
    A: Fury 3
    B: Wings of Mercy 3
    C: Fortify Dragons

Nowi:
    Assist: Reciprocal Aid
    Special: Bonfire
    A: Triangle Adept 3
    B: Quick Riposte 1

Reinhardt:
    Assist: Reposition
    Special: Moonbow
    A: Death blow 2
    B: Wings of Mercy 3
    C: Savage Blow 3

TikiY:
    Assist: Reposition
    Special: Iceberg
    A: Triangle Adept 3
    B: Quick Riposte 3

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. Rubi

Rubi New Member

Note 1: Reinhardt cannot ORKO the enemy mage, instead the enemy mage's counterattack will kill Reinhardt.

Note 2: Nowi does not kill the enemy mage (even if Ninian danced her to hit again), and since he has vantage, I can't attack him with Reinhardt either (Rein would get OHKO'd).

Note 3: If the mage initiates on any of my units, they die. So I can't tank his attacks.

3. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

What kind of damage does your team's individual shots do? Cuz offhand, here's what I'm seeing. Nowi Repositions, gets Tiki in range. Tiki initiates. Deals damage, but is unlikely to put him in Vantage range (which is at around 35). Reinhardt engages, finishes with double-strike/triggered Moonbow. How far off am I?

4. Rubi

Rubi New Member

That's a Triangle Adept Tiki against a blue mage on defensive tile lol, she's doing 0.
    For the others, Nowi does 6. Ninian does 0. Reinhardt does about 21 (15 with Moonbow, then 6 without).

Hint is you have to use some of my skills, not just positioning :D

5. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

And the mage kills even if Reinhardt attacks from a defense space? Because if not:

Reinhardt moves ahead of Tiki. Nowi trades health with him.
    Tiki moves ahead of Rein, Repositions him into the defensive zone.
    Rein moves to other corner, attacks. Deals his 21. Survives thanks to defensive tile, Moonbow counter drops to 1.
    Ninian warps, dances Rein.
    Rein attacks, Moonbow triggers. GG.

6. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

Edit. Thanks to positioning, Nowi won't need to trade health. Ninian warps to HER, dances Rein since they're right next to each other.

7. Rubi

Rubi New Member

That would require Reinhardt to move twice on his own, one to move up to Tiki, then moving again after getting repositioned.
    Also the enemy mage has vantage. If I attack him first and deal 21, the next time I try to attack with Reinhardt, he will get killed by vantage.

You're on the right track though, the correct answer does require Wings of Mercy and Reciprocal Aid.

8. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

Hm.

Best I can see is this.

Reinhardt moves up to two spaces in front of Tiki. Nowi moves next to him (in front of mage), trades health.
    Ninian warps to defensive tile in front of Rein, dances. Rein moves to the mage's other side to box him in.

This leaves Nowi free to chip away at his health, since he has no way to win as long as Tiki stays out of range

9. Rubi

Rubi New Member

Bingo! That's exactly what I did :p