1. Try your best to use the new hero BBcode!
    Dismiss Notice

Event 8th June - Tempest Trials

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Locky, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Locky

Locky Moderator Staff Member

Gameplay Style
    • For the Trials, you can choose from multiple difficulties. Note that these cost 20 Stamina. The difficulties affect both the strength of enemies and also how many ally teams you can use (the number of teams, not the number of units per team).
    • Unlike the Arena, your run doesn't end if you lose on a map; you still continue through until the end. However, there are Bonus Allies that will grant you higher scores.
    • Your scores are dependent on
      • how many maps you cleared
      • how fast you cleared them (time)
      • how many allies stayed alive
    • And scores are added up after every run; every score you get is added to the total until the event ends.
    • These Bonus Allies only need to battle on one map per run to get the bonus multiplier. Also, there are now different tiers for bonus allies; four specific units will grant 1.4x score, and another four different units will grant 1.2x score. Pick wisely.
    Note that this is the deathless mode of the game. Units that die during a run are unavailable to use for that run until either you finish all the maps or all your teams die.

Also, allies will retain their remaining HP and Special charges for each map.

Each time you retry the same map after failing, the enemies will have 20% reduced HP to make things easier.

Quest Rewards
    • Marth: Enigmatic Blade (4Star) (Masked Lucina, who are you kidding? I'm not fooled)
    • Marth: Enigmatic Blade (5Star)
    • Breath of Life 1 Sacred Seal
    • Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal
      • new seal that reduces your Special's charge by 1 only at the start of the match
    • Orbs, Feathers, shards and crystals all rewarded at different scores.
    On top of that, if our combined score is over 1 billion, we get:
    • 10 Orbs
    • 5000 Feathers
    P.S. Beastmode and pals, you totally called it! the -1 cooldown seal is real and I eat my words!

Info, Tips and Tricks

- Veronica (66Hp 57Atk 32Spd 36Def 29Res) always has one melee horse on the left, one mage horse on the right, an armored unit in the middle, and a ranged unit (can be ninja/archer/mage) at her side.
    - In terms of weightage, bonus unit (1.4x) is the easiest multiplier to get, followed by speed (1.5x) and then survival (1.2x).
    - Highest possible score is 705 for Lunatic 7 map run.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6fcpe5/tempest_trials_tldr
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6fcnoc/tempest_trials_the_rundown/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    QuickBit, MitsuBlue23 and Mukimpo like this.
  2. ubadugani

ubadugani New Member

Those rewards look amazing!

3. Beastmode

Beastmode Active Member

This. Looks. Awesome!!!!!

Healer = Locked 'n' Loaded.

QuickBit likes this.
  4. Omuno

Omuno Member

Friend ID:
    Clear time as in turn? or play time?

Either way still very excited :D

5. Beastmode

Beastmode Active Member

Man it looks like you can run 4 teams? I have some lvl 1 5* I havent grinded yet because they didn't excite me a whole lot (*cough* Alm). Need to try and get a couple of them ready. I'm just slow :)

6. Locky

Yes, you pick 4 teams to run a gauntlet of 7 consecutive maps. I suspect completion time is turn-based.

7. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate!!! Staff Member

I'm extra HYPED about this!!! Bring it on!

8. Epic Fail

Epic Fail Active Member

Friend ID:
    i think it is awesome how many events they are giving us!

Can't wait for this! I am reviewing all my units now and starting to level up some of my lvl 1 5*
    Bridal Charlotte
    Bridal Caeda
    Alm
    second Takumi

my Eirika is only lvl 32 AND I just used inheritance to make Ephriam an Eirika support clone

Cloudedstrife likes this.
  9. Beastmode

Beastmode Active Member

Haha I'm not the only one with Alm bench warming.

10. xchan

xchan Member

Wow, this new event seems great. I can't wait to try it out.

Do we know if the rewards will be point based or percentage based yet? I would hate for them to be % based and lose on your current reward tier on the last minute like it happens to arena.

Would this mean that we won't get a guantlet this month? I was looking forward to it...

On a side note, can the -1 coldown seal make Galeforce proc in one round? What would we require for it to do so?

Cloudedstrife likes this.
  11. Epic Fail

Epic Fail Active Member

Friend ID:
    I thought Alm's skill was going to be a game changer... but really he was sort of a disappointment. Maybe he'll be better when I level him up?

12. Beastmode

Beastmode Active Member

We'll find out :p

13. Locky

My suspicion is that voting gauntlet will run next week, and these two events may be side-by-side, since gauntlet doesn't consume stamina, but I may be wrong.

I did theorycraft and mentioned a Heavyblade-Galeforce +atk Minerva with flier buffs over at discord when discussing the best applications of Quickened Pulse. Theoretically, she is entirely capable of getting it off in 1 turn if she can double. The requirements are steep (Ike, Cordelia, Minerva with specific +atk IV), but lets just say I've had the pleasure of meeting one Heavy blade-Galeforce Minerva in arena...that I murdered with her brother rather than let her get off a single attack.

xchan likes this.
  14. MitsuBlue23

MitsuBlue23 Member

Friend ID:
    Sad it wasn't Veronica, but I suspected as much. Still, it's nice to receive a 5* regardless and one that will be new at that.

15. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

Well. Looks like Priscilla might get off the bench after all.

Either that, or the Waifu Squad gets to steamroll things.

16. Epic Fail

Epic Fail Active Member

Friend ID:
    did anyone notice the the effort that may be needed to get the 5* "Marth" (we know you are Lucina)? Look at the images below: If the score tiers continue as they are for the other rewards, then we will need a score of 30,000. Now look at he next pic below... this person has finished the middle set of battles which is 5 battles. For their effort, including the bonus character, they received 252 points. At this rate one would have to fight 120 times through, which is 600 individual battles.

Now, perhaps they did not finish fast enough (they only got an A) or have enough people survive (they got an A for this too)... also they did the middle set, which is 5 battles for 20 stamina, so we could assume that the hardest set of 7 battles would likely be worth more points.

If they got a base score of 20 points for 5 battles, we could assume it will be 28 points base for 7 battles. Follow the same bonus structure and that is 353 points per time through. That is 85 times through, for 595 individual battles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. xchan

xchan Member

That looks about right Epic.

600 individual battles are more or less 100 successful tries. At 20 stamina each try we would require 2000 stamina to get Marth at 5*.

The event lasts for 14 days. Each day we can get aprox 280 stamina. That gives us 4k free stamina.

It should be enough to get Marth if we dedicate ourselves to the event almost exclusivelly.

Cloudedstrife and Epic Fail like this.
  18. Mukimpo

Mukimpo Member

Quick question, can you use the same unit for different teams in tempest trial? If yes if that unit dies Will the unit still alive in the other team?

19. Locky

You choose 1 team first, and if the unit dies, said unit will be unavailable for all teams and throughout the run.

20. Locky

Screenshot_2017-06-08-15-51-51[1].png
    First Lunatic win! Okay my speed sucks.